Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daith and Septum (finally!!!) :D

Default Daith and Septum (finally!!!) :D

So I finally plucked up the courage to go get my daith and septum pierced! I went to tattooing by Fabio which I think may now be called Fabios Tattoo Studio? Alec was really great and super calm which really helped me as I was a bit nervous about getting my septum pierced as I'm dreading the way my family will react.

it was all over so quickly! I didn't feel my septum, jewellery didn't bother at all and my eyes didn't water! it looks lovely! I'm sooo glad I had it done! I'm just a little concerned that it's wonky. I saw pretty much straight away that it sat lopsided in my nose but Alec assured me it was pierced in the right place for my nose and once I got a smaller cbb in there it will be fine, though to be honest I'm not sure I want a smaller on in there so I feel a bit iffy about it now. I'll post some photos at the end of this and I'd really like your opinions! I'm going to heal with it flipped up and reasses in a week or so's time to see if it's still off.

The actual piercing of the daith itself was a total breeze but the clamps! Why!?!?

Its been about 2 hours since I had them done and my daith doesn't hurt at all, it's like I haven't had anything done (weird!) and my septum is a little stingy but it's only really been like that since I flipped it up!

Please excuse use my funny face in the photos!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owxh95nszi...%2031.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4czn2lcsu1...%2037.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Carrielouise; 02-02-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

I forgot to add a photo of my daith!

Here here he Is!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3ez9pze1c...71150.jpg?dl=0

Septum, Tongue

If you nudged the septum over a touch it would be perfect, that daith looks a bit shallow though and clamps? WTH?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If you nudged the septum over a touch it would be perfect, that daith looks a bit shallow though and clamps? WTH?
    I've tried but it still sits the same :( I think one side is lower than the other. I'm really hoping it sorts it self out! Otherwise it might be a trip to Norwich.
    Im hoping it's just the angle of the photo with the daith but I did wonder when I was looking in the mirror earlier, I'll try and get a better one tomorrow.

oh poo :'(

Septum, Tongue

Does Dan not work at Fabios any more? Maybe go see him and explain your concerns.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Does Dan not work at Fabios any more? Maybe go see him and explain your concerns.
    no sadly not :( he's a tattoo artist now but I don't know at which studio. You might need to take fabios off the recommended list. It's such a shame because it used to be great there!

Im thinking about going to Norwich this weekend as there's a vintage fair on and I could go to factotum if Olly is in. I may give them a ring tomorrow. Do you think any swelling (everything looks fairly normal atm) would have settled down enough by Saturday to make a decent judgement?

I feel so disheartened! I psyched myself up so much for this and now I may have to taken them out and get repierced later :( I could cry!

Septum, Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Carrielouise View Post
    no sadly not :( he's a tattoo artist now but I don't know at which studio. You might need to take fabios off the recommended list. It's such a shame because it used to be great there!

Im thinking about going to Norwich this weekend as there's a vintage fair on and I could go to factotum if Olly is in. I may give them a ring tomorrow. Do you think any swelling (everything looks fairly normal atm) would have settled down enough by Saturday to make a decent judgement?

I feel so disheartened! I psyched myself up so much for this and now I may have to taken them out and get repierced later :( I could cry!
    Ah shame, yeah I'll delete him then. If you don't want to ask the original piercer then go to another asap and get them to look at that daith as well.

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

The septum looks fine to me from straight on, TBH, but it's up to you since it's your body. I'm also rather jealous of your industrial!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

okay so I've decided I don't really have the funds to go to Norwich at the weekend to find out one way or the other about both of these piercings so I decided to pop into a studio in my local town. It's pretty new there but I've heard good things about it and I thought I could have a little snoop around while I was there. The girl who does piercings was really lovely as was her trainee and the tattoo artists as well, and she actually took the time out of getting a tattoo to talk to me which I thought was really nice as she didn't have to and I was willing to go back a bit later.

Bad news though. My septum is lower on one side and apparently further back on one side too (though I didn't see that). My daith is also too high on one side but fine on the other so I am sad to say that later tonight I will be giving them both a good soak and then removing them

the girl in Royston Ink said to give it 3-4 weeks to heal and to go back and see her but to be honest I don't really feel like trying any new places right now so I'll stick with going to see olly at factotum next month. I'm so disappointed but I'd rather wait abit and go through everything again and have lovely, properly placed piercings than wonky ones and one that may grow out.

(I'm also lead to believe that at factotum you can choose what kind of jewellery you have so I could have some lovely rose gold anodised titanium jewellery to match the rest of my piercings? Can anyone confirm?)

also MidnightDreamer22: thanks it's one that I get the most comments on!

Septum, Tongue

Glad you managed to see someone. Olly will sort you out for sure and yes you can have anodised titanium as initial jewellery but you may want to order it in advance so they have time to anodise a piece for you and then steriise it (although they may want you in first to see what size jewellery you need etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast