Thread: Synthetic Dreads...Help?

Default Synthetic Dreads...Help?

Hello lovelies,

I am very interested in investing in some synthetic dreads, however I am a complete noob and don't know where to start. My dilemma is that I am a veterinary nurse so they would need to be easy to remove after wearing therm on a weekend for example. I don't know how to wear them either, do people put them at the root on the top layer of hair? I was wondering about putting them under my layers? I want some black and red ones. Does anyone have any tips, places to buy and pictures of their dreads? All input appreciated and eagerly anticipated!
    Current Modifications
    Double Nostril Piercing
    Lobes
    Lip
    Septum
    2 X Foot tattoos
    4 X lower leg
    1 Wrist tattoo.

The site is a nightmare at the moment but if you search "dreads" as a title in the advanced search you'll find the dreads thread.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    The site is a nightmare at the moment but if you search "dreads" as a title in the advanced search you'll find the dreads thread.
    What do you mean? And thank you, I did try searching but nothing came up :/
    Current Modifications
    Double Nostril Piercing
    Lobes
    Lip
    Septum
    2 X Foot tattoos
    4 X lower leg
    1 Wrist tattoo.

The site is running really slow at times, HQ is having major server problems, it seems a lot happier today. Dread Thread: https://forum.bodyjewelleryshop.com/...ghlight=dreadsMy bad, it was under "dreadlock"
    Last edited by Boo; 01-25-2016 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi, I used to wear synthetic dreads on more than one occasion. They're honestly not weekend wear as it's taken any where from six to ten plus hours to put in and about four hours to take them out, assuming you want a full head. Given that you don't intend to be wearing them for extended periods of time (I wore mine for three months at a time) I'd suggest buying synthetic dread falls (dreads attached to hair bands to put over pony tails) for nights out, etc.. Furthermore, synthetic dreads can't really be installed by yourself, so you'd need a helping hand, which if you went professionally is usually about 2-3 per dread (I needed eighty dreads for a full head, so would have been 160, not including the cost of the dreads in the first instance).

As I said, I think falls would better suit your situation. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos