Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnetic Implant

Thumbs up Magnetic Implant

Got a magnetic implant done. Went to get it on Monday and I'm really pleased! After explaining some things he cleaned my finger and marked it up. A line for where the cut was going to be and a square for where the magnet was going to end up. Then he told me to lie down and I didn't end up seeing anything he did! Didn't even think to ask to have a look at the magnet before it went in, what a dope! He made the hole with a large needle then made a pocket with, what my boyfriend described as, a little spatula thing. That all verged on being very painful but didn't last too long and was certainly bearable and better than I expected. Next came the magnet insertion which was a bit fiddly but felt strange rather than painful. He finished by cleaning off some of the blood, puting on a big plaster and giving me a handful more so I could change it at home. All in all a good experience. Here's a pic from right after it was done:

It throbbed and stung on and off for the rest of the day but wasn't too bad. When I changed the plaster that night the scab had stuck to it and I accidentally pulled the flap of skin up which set it off bleeding again, ouch! Since then I've been (carefully) changing the plaster and washing my hands with antibacterial soap morning and night. It hasn't really hurt since the first day except after I've changed the plaster or knocked it (oops) which makes it throb a bit. It's tricky trying to only use one hand, especially using the computer mouse with my opposite hand. Here's a pic of it on the 1st and 2nd mornings:

Last edited by Boo; 05-04-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

This. So awesome. Can't wait to read updates as it heals!
    Out of curiosity, why the ring finger? Bear with my ignorance lol I've only seen these rarely and only online
    Piercings =)
    Left ear: lobes x2, tragus, inner conch, outer conch x3
    Right ear: lobe, daith
    Paired nostrils, 10g septum
    Retired: Right helix x2, navel x3, bilateral nipples

Yay!! I'm hoping to get one soon, which size magnet did you go for?
    Last edited by Boo; 05-04-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Binkylicious View Post
    Out of curiosity, why the ring finger?
    I always thought it was because that's the finger you use the least but Marcus said it's because it's the most sensitive finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'm hoping to get one soon, which size magnet did you go for?
    Cool, you should definitely go for it! It's the newer, more powerful magnet; my boyfriend said it looked a bit like a watch battery.

Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus

Quote Originally Posted by potato-woman View Post
    I always thought it was because that's the finger you use the least but Marcus said it's because it's the most sensitive finger.

Cool, you should definitely go for it! It's the newer, more powerful magnet; my boyfriend said it looked a bit like a watch battery.

Not the magicians one though? I don't think I want that one, just the smaller one. Yeah they do look like that

I've been meaning to get it all year but finding a time when I can not work for a bit or work slower proves hard lol!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah sorry, they described the magician's one as being bigger and going in your arm so I assumed it wouldn't fit in a finger. So yes, it's just the small one. It's more the sensation I'm interested in than picking things up. Me and my bloke were just saying today how it'd be hard coping at work with it so I'd definitely recommend waiting 'til you've got some time off.

As for an update, it's been a bit swolen since the start but I haven't taken anything to prevent the swelling. It's started looking a bit bruised today too. There was no blood at all on the plaster when I changed it this moring for the first time and just a tiny bit last night. Here's a pic showing the brusing and compairing it to my other ring finger (think I'm a bit obsessed he he he!).

I forgot about what types there were, you're right there's the 1st and 2nd gen and the bigger magicians! Eeeee! I love them, it's looking really good. >.<

Ugh.. I really like them! Unfortunatly the only shop in the netherlands that does those are out of magnets. And the maker is having problems. They expect to have new stock in around the second quarter of 2016.. I cant wait! Really want one of them. For me its also because Im curious about the feeling.
    Ooh well maybe a rfid or a nfc chip first then. Since they do have those in stock.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Ugh.. I really like them! Unfortunatly the only shop in the netherlands that does those are out of magnets. And the maker is having problems. They expect to have new stock in around the second quarter of 2016.. I cant wait! Really want one of them. For me its also because Im curious about the feeling.
    Ooh well maybe a rfid or a nfc chip first then. Since they do have those in stock.
    I'm kinda tempted by an rfid as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'm kinda tempted by an rfid as well!!
    That makes three of us then! Need to figure out how to use it and which type to get first though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast