Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earbuds with tragus/conch/daith?

Default Earbuds with tragus/conch/daith?

Was looking into possibly getting a conch or tragus piercing in the future (just planning out and all, thinking of new ideas without any definite decisions on getting them) but wondered whether or not you could wear earbuds with them, and if only after a certain time period how long would it take to allow so without irritation? I realise it will vary with different people, but this is just to get a rough idea.
    Issy/Isobel
    Present:

Left ear -
    double lobe 20g/16g, helix 16g, double auricle 16g, rook 16g.
    Right ear - double lobe 20g/16g, conch 16g, helix 16g, anti-tragus 16g.
    Naval 14g

Retired: Rook 16g (R), Helix 16g (L), outer conch 16g (R), conch 16g (R).

My DeviantArt

You deffo can wear them, I have a double tragus and a large piece of jewellery in my daith and I wear Apple EarPods fine. I had to wait a couple of months with my double to wear them though, or if I did wear them it was only for short periods of time.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was able to wear ear buds straight away with my conch, obviously being careful not to knock the jewellery! You'd have to wait longer and be more careful with a tragus since it's right next to your ear canal.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

I don't do earbuds, but have been fine with my stethoscope. I have tragus, conch and daith piercings

I had my tragus done a month ago and am still struggling with ear buds but I think my jewelry may be too long. I am considering buying some old school over the ear headphones but am nervous to irritate the front of the piercing. I have just been walking around with one ear bud in and one out :/

Junior Member Surviving(s)ReklatS's Avatar

Earbuds were perfectly fine with my conch piercings, however I did not even attempt to wear them until about two days after the piercings. (I got both sides done with a cbr)
    You never know what life will throw at you...sometimes you hope you'll awake from the nightmare...
    Current
    Ears - double lobes (l/r) conch (l/r), 3x helix (l/r), rook (l/r)
    Body - standard belly bar
    Lip - Spider bites (r)
    Want
    septum, daith (l/r), tragus (l/r) lip (shark bites)

I usually wear earbuds when I am working out, aka sweating. While my tragus was healing it didn't take too well to having an earbud shoved next to it while sweating at the same time. I would honestly wait until it is healed before you have dirty things like earbuds touching them, especially since tragus piercings are known to be finicky.
    (◕‿◕) hi im viv (◕‿◕)

Current: 4 lobe, triple forward helix, tragus, helix, tongue, belly button, nose
    Retired: nose, tongue, flat
    Want(!): redo my flat piercing, VCH, inverse belly button, helix

Currently working on giant back piece ~ pics when I finish

I wore earbuds with my tragus when it was a few months old. Just had my other tragus pierced and the bar is so long they do not fit in my ear...

I couldn't wear them at first with my daith - but when the jewellery was changed from a heart to a CBR it was fine,
    Current: - 5 lobe, industrial, daith x2 and helix
    Retired - belly button
    Tattoos - 3 (technically 4 as one was a cover up).

I couldnt wear them for about 3 days after my tragus...after that i had no issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast