Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How long will you keep your piercings?

Default How long will you keep your piercings?

Hi everyone!

I noticed this afternoon when I queued to pay for my petrol on the way home from work that the two ladies in front of me in the queue, as well as the lady serving, all had nose studs.

With me that was four of us all with our left nostrils pierced.

Two of the women were in their 40s, with one being really quite glamorous.

I imagined that I would have to retire my nose piercing when I get into my 30s but the longer time goes on, i think i can wear it for years yet.

Will you keep yours in indefinitely too?
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

I'll keep them as long as I feel like it, whether that's for another week or the rest of my life.

Why did you think you'd have to retire a nostril piercing in your 30's?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was 50 on the 30th of November and I've had my left nostril pierced for about 20 years. I did, for a long time wear an inconspicuous stud but now I sport a tiny gold stud and love it. As Hazel says, you wear them for as long as you want.

I saw a lady a while ago, with two tragus piercings and she's in her sixties. I don't think the stigma of age and piercings is anywhere near what it used to be, hence my many helix, conch and tragus piercings that I've had done this year. There are still a few I'd like to get too
    Last edited by MrsLoveLace; 12-07-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    I don't think the stigma of age and piercings is anywhere near what it used to be
    Agreed. Also, so many people think us older folks don't have piercings because you can't see them. Most people I know with long-standing genital piercings are well into their 40's and 50's or more and have had them for a considerable amount of time. It's best not to judge on looks alone
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Agreed. Also, so many people think us older folks don't have piercings because you can't see them. Most people I know with long-standing genital piercings are well into their 40's and 50's or more and have had them for a considerable amount of time. It's best not to judge on looks alone
    Absolutely. If you love the piercings then why give them up. When I've looked at piercers portfolios, I've noticed a few piercings, such as the tragus, that are on someone older. You can tell by their skin and wrinkles that they're not young uns lol, but they look fab.

I had my hair styled by someone in her late twenties just over a week ago and she was amazed by my conch piercing. She didn't even know you could have it pierced. I was well proud and explained how I was going the day after for the right one doing too. To be honest Hazel, when I see someone older now with piercings other than their ears, I smile and think.."I'm one of you now". I love it
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Ages and ages and ages! The only one I plan to retire any time soon is my lip, and that will be replaced by something else. I don't picture myself ever being without my others though.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Retired:
    - Septum
    - Lip (left)
    - Nipple (right)

I don't ever plan on retiring my piercings. I turned 40 this year and I have gotten 5 new piercings this year (mid life crisis maybe??). To me, I get a piercing expecting to keep it for life.
    Current: Left ear: 2x lobes, tragus. Right ear: 2x lobes, rook, inner conch, outer conch. Other: L nare, navel, L & R nipples, VCH, septum
    Retired: R nipple, L eyebrow

Wish list: L forward helix, Monroe or labret
    Tattoos: 8 - 15 hours worth

Why did you think you'd have to retire a nostril piercing in your 30's?[/QUOTE]

Didn't imagine that I would still have it, don't know why. Thought maybe I wouldn't be able to wear it at work at some point.

As it is I have no plans whatsoever to take it out and I'm more likely to get more piercings.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fi View Post
    Didn't imagine that I would still have it, don't know why. Thought maybe I wouldn't be able to wear it at work at some point.

As it is I have no plans whatsoever to take it out and I'm more likely to get more piercings.
    Thanks. I've never had the thought in my life, but then I have got most of my modifications when I've been self-employed so the job thing has never crossed my mind. I've in fact let myself get more piercings and "job-killer" tattoos as I've got older.

30 and only had my nose pierced about 2 months! I will keep my piercings as long as my body allows me to! I feel so much more...me with them.
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast