Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How long will you keep your piercings?

I don't plan on ever removing my piercings unless there is a reason for it, like migration/rejection. Or maybe if they are in the way of another modification XD I'm planning on getting a tongue split in the, hopefully soon, future. For that I'm willing to part with my three middle tongue piercings. The other four will stay however!

And I agree with you Hazel. Hopefully that will also give businesses that push they need to not fuss so much about piercing, tattoos and other mods anymore.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I don't plan on ever removing my piercings unless there is a reason for it, like migration/rejection. Or maybe if they are in the way of another modification XD I'm planning on getting a tongue split in the, hopefully soon, future. For that I'm willing to part with my three middle tongue piercings. The other four will stay however!

And I agree with you Hazel. Hopefully that will also give businesses that push they need to not fuss so much about piercing, tattoos and other mods anymore.
    Actually I think there's something really nice about keeping jewellery in for a long time. A bit like my wedding ring (the only time it has come off in 20 years is when I broke my arm and the hospital cut it off). Although I've just changed my PA for another ring I used to wear, I had it in for well over a year until I swapped it over. With my nipples I go from barbells to CBR every couple of months and then back again.

Somehow I get the feeling many people keep their jewellery in for many years without even taking it out for a second?
    Piercings: navel, septum, tongue web, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples

Fallon

It's common where I live for people of all ages.

I'll keep mine indefinitely!

I'll keep them until it's a hinderance or until they keep me from getting a job I enjoy. Hence why I have no tattoos, and my nose piercing was such a huge deal as I was always afraid it would interfere with work.
    Current:
    Both Ears - 3 sets of lobes (1sts stretched to 0g), tragus 18g, rooks 18g, helixes 18g
    Left Ear specific - Conch 18g
    Right Ear specific - Daith 16g
    Face - Right nostril 18g

Wish List:
    Floating navel

Retired:
    Faux snug
    Industrial
    Second right nostril
    Septum
    4th set of lobes
    5th set of lobes
    Triple forward helix
    Left daith
    Navel 2x

Quote Originally Posted by katiestirling View Post
    I'll keep them until it's a hinderance or until they keep me from getting a job I enjoy. Hence why I have no tattoos, and my nose piercing was such a huge deal as I was always afraid it would interfere with work.
    I got my nose pierced when I was still at school and so wasn't thinking about work. I expected to have to take it out when I got a job but haven't had to so long as I wear a small stud. Bit of a pain as I prefer hoops.
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH, septum. Retired - tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh.

at this point i don't plan on taking any of my piercings out. My ears are small and already have multiple piercings in them. So I've thought about removing one so i can get another piercing in the area. Like my 2nd and 3rd lobe piercings for a anti-tragus. Or my auricle piercings for a snug. But until i talk to a piercer nothing has been decided.
    Last edited by Brit Renee; 02-14-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Left ear: 4 Lobe piercings, 2 Cartilage, Conch, Double Forward Helix, Antitragus and Vertical Industrial
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2, Snug and Forward helix
    Facial: Double Lower and Upper Nostril, Septum, Vertical labret and Philtrum
    Want: Everything
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Tragus, double high nostrils and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

I'm only 21 (22 ten days from day of posting, actually), so I feel kinda awkward joining in, but I don't plan on retiring any of my current piercings. Sadly, I had to retire my medusa due to conflicts with my parents, but I do plan on getting it repierced (though I hear repiercings hurt more than the first time) when I'm not dependent of my parents. But I have tfh (right), stretched first lobes, and inner conch (right), and I won't retire them, or any of my future piercings until I'm dead. So what if future-me is 80 and has lots of piercings? Isn't the point of having piercings to make ourselves more unique? Express ourselves? Like everyone before me, I believe piercings don't have any age "restrictions".
    Current body mods:

0g lobes (first) + 16g second lobes on both and third lobe on right
    triple forward helix on right
    inner conch on my right
    tragus on left
    ‒ one cartilage on my left
    ‒ both nipples

iris flower on my right ribcage/belly area
    lyric tattoo on my left ribcage
    ‒ Pisces sign with genderfluid colourations

Getting it done

Planned in the "near" future
    ‒ spiderbites

Planned in the "not-so-near" future

seraph wings with a heart 'tramp stamp'

Retired

medusa

I don't think piercings have age restrictions but I'll definitely retire my septum in the next few years.
    Can't imagine myself wearing that one when I'm older.
    Current -
    Left ear: Triple Lobes
    Right ear: Triple Lobes, Double Helix, Daith, Double Forward Helix
    Other: Nipples, Septum, VCH

Want -
    Snug, Tragus, Christina

Retired -
    Tongue, Lip, Navel, Multiple Helixes

Is there a time limit for male nipple piercings ?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast