Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering to tighten jewellery

Default Remembering to tighten jewellery

I have to try and remind myself to check and tighten my jewellery. Was sorting through stuff in my bedroom today, nipped to the toilet and sat down on my bed and noticed a metal ball. Had to do a check and found it fell of my nipple piercing. At least I was at home this time as I've lost balls off my helix piercings before

This is why I love threadless jewellery ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I feel like you posted this for me lol...I have not even 24 hour old nips, and they are my first with *balls*
    All my other pieces are neometal pushfit labrets. I'll give them a check when I clean later. Ty <3

I've tried a push fit larbet before but it just didn't feel secure enough so put my metal one back in

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I've tried a push fit larbet before but it just didn't feel secure enough so put my metal one back in
    Neometal? Mine only come out with a lot of force, sometimes it can be a bit of a challenge!

If it's loose it's not been bent properly when installed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Think I need to research jewellery more. I've only tried the bioflex or standerd titanium so far

Neometal isn't push-fit, it's threadless, high quality, implant grade titanium jewellery. I loves it

Bioflex is actually considered bad quality as it breaks down like acrylic.

If you are talking about Neometal try giving this video a watch, it's very handy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCpCKwAMhg
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Bioflex is actually considered bad quality as it breaks down like acrylic.
    Not that I like bioflex but the makers of actual branded "BioFlex" state that the material is biocompatible, which means it is far from toxic like acrylic. Obviously, all the knock offs (like Bio-Flex, bioflex, bioplast etc) are just made of whatever. I always suggest if people desperately want to wear plastic then delrin or PTFE is the way to go.

Can you link me to a source that explains more about BioFlex and what it's made of, the info has been hard to find in the past! Thank you! <3

I'm actually in a couple of Facebook groups for piercing where piercers have recommended against bioflex. Maybe they're talking about the off-brand but no one states this like they do with silicone (ie. only Kaos silicone is ideal). I'll ask about it and see what people say.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast