Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settle a argument please

Default Settle a argument please

Do you need to move a piercing backward and forward when cleaning it?

My boyfriend thinks you do but I say you're not supposed to

he also thinks a helix piercing would have been "healed by now" if I had of "done it properly"

btw I had it the beginning of October
    Last edited by HarleyQuinn7; 11-12-2015 at 12:10 AM.

No you do not, just like you don't open and close a cut when it's healing. Helix piercings can take 9-12 months to heal fully, sometimes more.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Why do places (Claire's) tell you to move the piercings about? I've always wondered
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Yeah, I'm on team HQ for this one. Moving a piercing only disrupts the healing process and cartilage piercings take forever to heal. I had my nose done in February and I have a suspicion that's it's not fully healed yet. (feels fine but still gets the occasional bump or crusty)
    Current
    Lobes x2 L + R
    Nostril L
    Navel standard
    Tragus L
    Nipples L + R

Planned
    Forward helix x3 R
    Conch L
    Daith R
    Helix R

Retired
    Inverse diagonal navel x2

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Why do places (Claire's) tell you to move the piercings about? I've always wondered
    Old myth that the jewellery will fuse to the skin if you don't move it. The thing is it probably came about from people getting them done with improper jewellery and guns and the swelling eating the jewellery.

Helix piercing healing within a month is pretty funny. Not many piercing heal that quickly.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Because they're completely incompetent. That and they use guns and moving it helps it to stop getting embedded (or so they think) and what Roz said about the fusing myth.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I didn't intentionally move mine, but they did move when cleaning ( iwas pierced with a bcr/cbr though). No matter how careful i was. It didn't move for the first month or so though...

Thanks everyone!

i knew I was right, shame my boyfriend only listened when I posted on here :(

Oh man if Claire's would change their ways my poor little 11 year old self could have been spared a lot of pain!

Junior Member Surviving(s)ReklatS's Avatar

You shouldn't move the piercing until after its healed. (It will probably move around some when you clean it though, I learned the hard way with my conch piercings)
    You never know what life will throw at you...sometimes you hope you'll awake from the nightmare...
    Current
    Ears - double lobes (l/r) conch (l/r), 3x helix (l/r), rook (l/r)
    Body - standard belly bar
    Lip - Spider bites (r)
    Want
    septum, daith (l/r), tragus (l/r) lip (shark bites)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast