Thread: I got my eyebrow piercing over a month ago. Having some issues, please help.

Default I got my eyebrow piercing over a month ago. Having some issues, please help.

Good evening folks,

I had my eyebrow pierced about a month and a week ago. Everything seemed okay. I've been soaking it twice a day for 5-10 mins with warm sea salt water (about 1/4tsp with 1 cup of clean drinking water). I never touch it, never sleep on it, never got it snagged or irritated.

However, after over a month, it's still very tender, little sore. And now for a few days now it's slightly swollen and red. Nothing too bad, but enough for me to notice it.
    I'm wondering if this is normal. To have soreness, tenderness redness and swelling even after over a month? I know it will take a couple of months to heal, but should those signs be showing now?
    I'm scared that it might be rejecting or something. Its not infected for sure, because there's no puss, inflammation or anything. I'll do whatever it takes to have a healed happy eyebrow piercing and really don't want to take it out.
    Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated. Is it normal? Am I being paranoid? Anything else I can do to take care of it better?

http://m.imgur.com/d0zXdiS
    http://m.imgur.com/Dlaxp1c

All totally normal, looks great
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It looks really really good! Done deep and perfectly it looks like. If I had mine done I'd want it to look like yours!

Surface piercings can be pretty grumpy sometime but just keep up but don't over clean it.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Default Thank you.

Thank you both for the replies 😄

I simultaneously showed my piercing to some folks on the piercing subreddit, and a person there said that it's not normal for it to swell up so late after the piercing. He suggested that bar may be too short or the material might be wrong.

I really dont know what to do right now, all I want is to have a fully healed piercing. What makes you guys say it's normal? Why do you think the Reddit guy is wrong? Also, just to be on the safe side, I'm thinking about ordering a titanium bar anyway. Normal or not. What's your opinion on that? And how can I tell if my piercing is a 16g or a 14g?

Sorry if im being a paranoid pain in the butt! I've had a bad experience before with a piercing and I don't want it to happen again, so I'm trying to do everything right.

thank you again.

Hey, I saw your post over at r/piercing too, listen to the people telling you to go see your piercer! I really wouldn't recommend trying to change the bar yourself so early, you'd want a sterilised bar and a nice clean environment. I had mine changed after a month because the bar was too long and it was doing more harm than good but it did set the healing back a little. You're likely to upset it far more messing with it yourself. Is there any reason you can't go see your piercer? They would be the best person to asses the piercing and change the bar/put your mind at ease and if you're still unsure you could always go somewhere else for a second opinion.
    As for my opinion on your piercing, I don't think tenderness or swelling is uncommon during the healing period, you've said you never touch it/sleep on it but you may have without noticing. However strangers on the internet, looking at a picture can't help nearly as much as a piercer in person, check the jewellery material and gauge while you're there too. Hope this helps
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Hey, I saw your post over at r/piercing too, listen to the people telling you to go see your piercer! I really wouldn't recommend trying to change the bar yourself so early, you'd want a sterilised bar and a nice clean environment. I had mine changed after a month because the bar was too long and it was doing more harm than good but it did set the healing back a little. You're likely to upset it far more messing with it yourself. Is there any reason you can't go see your piercer? They would be the best person to asses the piercing and change the bar/put your mind at ease and if you're still unsure you could always go somewhere else for a second opinion.
    As for my opinion on your piercing, I don't think tenderness or swelling is uncommon during the healing period, you've said you never touch it/sleep on it but you may have without noticing. However strangers on the internet, looking at a picture can't help nearly as much as a piercer in person, check the jewellery material and gauge while you're there too. Hope this helps
    thanks for the reply,
    the reason I wanna order the bar myself is because I don't have a piercer where I live, I have to travel to see him. There's a certified piercer here who can help me with the changing but he doesn't have a shop, like he doesn't do it for a living anymore. If I bring him a bar and sterilize it, he will help me put it in with less mess I'm sure.

My only issue now is whether mines is a 16 or a 14 gauge bar. Can you tell from looking at the picture? How can I tell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oday View Post
    thanks for the reply,
    the reason I wanna order the bar myself is because I don't have a piercer where I live, I have to travel to see him. There's a certified piercer here who can help me with the changing but he doesn't have a shop, like he doesn't do it for a living anymore. If I bring him a bar and sterilize it, he will help me put it in with less mess I'm sure.

My only issue now is whether mines is a 16 or a 14 gauge bar. Can you tell from looking at the picture? How can I tell ?
    ok, can you call the place you got pierced? I don't really think the bar looks too short, it doesn't look like it's in any danger of eating the ball or anything, you don't want it too long or it will catch easily. If you can call them you can ask the size and material you were pierced with, if it's implant grade titanium then I really think you should leave it as it is. You've said you've been soaking it twice a day, every day, that might be irritating it. I pretty much just rinse mine in the shower now to get the crusties off, you could try just one soak in the evening and a rinse in the shower in the morning. As for the gauge of the bar, I don't think it's possible to tell from those pictures, you'd really have to ask someone who could see it.
    (I'm no expert so if I'm wrong about any of this someone please jump in and correct me!)
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Why do you want to change it? Leave it alone! It's not going to be healed at this point, swelling is totally normal. Surface piercings can take a good 3 months or so to settle.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It looks great. If I were you I wouldn't change it so early without your piercer.