Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Septum!

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac.C View Post
    Ahh ok that's brilliant, is there a particular shape of jewellery I should get, as would the curvature affect the shape it heals into?
    It shouldn't matter what you get pierced with really. Your piercer should have suitable jewellery.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was pierced with a retainer and am keeping it flipped up. I was told it is probably a little easier for healing flipped up because a) its a straight bar rather than a curved bar going through the hole, and b) it sits a bit better in the nose - that could just be my nose, but I don't feel it up there at all!
    Current: Left ear: 2x lobes, tragus. Right ear: 2x lobes, rook, inner conch, outer conch. Other: L nare, navel, L & R nipples, VCH, septum
    Retired: R nipple, L eyebrow

Wish list: L forward helix, Monroe or labret
    Tattoos: 8 - 15 hours worth

Quote Originally Posted by kiapita View Post
    I was pierced with a retainer and am keeping it flipped up. I was told it is probably a little easier for healing flipped up because a) its a straight bar rather than a curved bar going through the hole, and b) it sits a bit better in the nose - that could just be my nose, but I don't feel it up there at all!

Did you get pierced with a bioflex/bioplast or glass retainer? (If by retainer I'm thinking clear jewellery)

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac.C View Post
    Did you get pierced with a bioflex/bioplast or glass retainer? (If by retainer I'm thinking clear jewellery)
    Septum retainers aren't always clear. They can look like this:

Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ok thanks everyone for the advice, I'm going to maybe ring up and ask about getting it done ! : D

As long as you get it pierced through the sweet spot and not the cartilage then it shouldn't be more than a sharp pinch but, you should expect your eyes to water. If you want to flip it up then leave it and do not flip it down otherwise that can irritate the piercing and prolong the healing.

Just got mine done 4 days ago. Honestly didn't hurt that bad. It's tender now but nothing like the pain I was expecting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123