Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Septum!

Default Septum!

HI All,

Apologies if this has been done before....

I'm really thinking of getting my septum done, however the rumours are it's pretty painful. I know it's different for everyone depending on pain tolerances so I thought I'd get some collective opinions. How was it for people?

Also, while one my jobs would have no problem at all with it, I may be doing some part time work that would definitely have an issue. If I got it pierced with a retainer and flipped it up straight away, would I need to leave it flipped for the healing period or could I flip it up and down as I please - ensuring no crusties etc.

I honestly didn't feel a thing having my septum done, my eyes didnt even water!

I left mine flipped up for the majority of the healing process, purely because I didn't want to keep knocking it or fiddling with it. I cleaned it daily to get rid of any crusties etc from it but other than that mines healed perfectly!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Ahh awesome, thanks :-)

Did you get yours pierced with a retainer? I'm just wondering how irritating it would be to have to have a proper bit of jewellery stuck up there for a while.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Way less irritating than you expect. I had mines pierced with a cbb then had to switch to a retainer due to unexpected circumstances 2 weeks into healing and left it flipped up from then until it was healed and I honestly barely noticed it at all, retainers are so tiny they're actually really comfy
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Sounds pretty good. What's the average price to get one of these done? Since the place I got my ears done, though very good, clean, and professional etc. Seems to a charge what I feel is a bit steep for a septum. But then I don't really have any other experience to gauge what a decent price is.

I had mine piercing with a titanium cbb, I've recently changed it to something more dainty though. It does get caught on my nostril screw, although 99% of the time I genuinely forget I have it! I have a labret to put in my nostril, I'm just too lazy to do it yet. I paid 20 for my septum instead of 35 as I had 2 piercings in one sitting. Personally, i don't mind paying extra if I receive a good service!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Yeah, I'm happy to pay for a quality service and this place seems to be the most well regarded in close proximity. If the prices on their website are correct it's 45 for a septum.

Where are you going for it? Out of the 40 or so piercings/mods I've had the septum was one of the least painful, however you shouldn't ever base piercings on the pain, I know people who have said it's the most painful they've had. My 5mm punch however hurt like f**k.

If you want something just get it, all piercings should just be a split second of pain, a touch of discomfort and done. My piercer charges 25 I think but I'm in the north and mods are a lot cheaper, mine actually cost me nothing but that's a different story. My piercer only pierces with a retainer and suggests you keep it flipped up for 8-12 weeks depending on how your healing is going.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Well, I got my ears done at The Belly Bar in Canterbury, so was going to get this done there as well.

I think given the option I'd rather have it done with the retainer and keep it flipped while it's healing....I figure less chance of knocking it about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole90 View Post
    Well, I got my ears done at The Belly Bar in Canterbury, so was going to get this done there as well.

I think given the option I'd rather have it done with the retainer and keep it flipped while it's healing....I figure less chance of knocking it about.
    Might want to reconsider the piercer, the portfolio is shockingly bad and they use guns and on little kids as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast