Thread: Navel piercing problems

Exclamation Navel piercing problems

Hi!
    I got my navel pierced at the beginning of August and some weeks it's fine, others it's the piercing from hell. It's not infected (I don't think) yet I have concerns. It had a keloid on it but using daily sea salt soaks i managed to successfully remove it. Then, under the skin a huge hard lump formed. You couldn't see it on the skin but you could feel it, and when I sucked in my stomach the piercing stuck out and the area around it did too. It didn't hurt to touch. After a few days, my piercing seemed to migrate slightly (not rejecting, there was no other symptoms of rejecting) then the hard lump was almost completely disappeared. Occasionally some pus is leaking out but not smelly/yellow pus just white/clear stuff. Last night I took it out to see how it was doing (I know it was a mistake) and i put it back in with no bother. Today I noticed some red gooey substance that I had extreme difficulty trying to remove with a cotton bud and it had stringy red stuff coming out. I'm unsure if this is normal or not? There's no redness around the piercing, the bottom hole is doing fine it's just the top hole I keep having problems with. I don't have any pictures because at the minute it looks fine and I was out when the goo was coming out. Should I see my piercer or is this normal? My mum (who used to have hers done) seems to think it's healing as hers was 10x worse however a few of my acquaintances who have it done (theirs all healed perfectly) seem to think it's rejecting/infected. Any tips? Thanks in advance guys! I'm also having trouble with my snug but I'll post that in another thread.

Keep it dry as much as you can, it sounds like a granuloma, you can click on the bumps link in my signature. Rinse in the shower, pat dry and keep it dry, don't put anything on it.

Remember it's still very early in the healing process, they can take 6-9 months or more to heal fully.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you!

New here, came across this. I seem to be having most of the same problems (got mine done a bit after Xmas) but the skin around top and bottom looks purple/deep red. No pain, very little pus and slight migration of the top hole.
    What have you been using for cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by filthfaerie View Post
    New here, came across this. I seem to be having most of the same problems (got mine done a bit after Xmas) but the skin around top and bottom looks purple/deep red. No pain, very little pus and slight migration of the top hole.
    What have you been using for cleaning?
    As above, don't put anything on it. Let it dry out.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    As above, don't put anything on it. Let it dry out.
    I haven't put anything on it or messed with it, but a few days I started getting a darker purple bump right next to the top hole. Just about where the top was before it migrated. A bit ago it just... Popped. It stared to ooze blood, tiny but of something else as well. Should I just remove the piercing at this point, or is there something I should do first ?

Quote Originally Posted by filthfaerie View Post
    I haven't put anything on it or messed with it, but a few days I started getting a darker purple bump right next to the top hole. Just about where the top was before it migrated. A bit ago it just... Popped. It stared to ooze blood, tiny but of something else as well. Should I just remove the piercing at this point, or is there something I should do first ?
    It's up to you if you want to remove it or not. There's no reason you have to though. The granuloma is just doing what they do.

I hope it settles down for you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's up to you if you want to remove it or not. There's no reason you have to though. The granuloma is just doing what they do.

I hope it settles down for you soon!
    Thank you! I decided to take it out and let it settle and eventually get it done again

I think you made a good call. I suffered through something like that and eventually took it out. When I went to get the belly button redone they said it had been poorly done and I didn't need to suffer -- should have taken it out when you did