Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Piercing Healing Question?? (with pics)

Unhappy Industrial Piercing Healing Question?? (with pics)

Hey guys!

I got my industrial on September 26th.

I live in Brazil and most of the jewelries here are made of stainless steel, not titanium. I went to a very well known tattoo studio because I'm often afraid to pay less and end up getting an infection.

So, right after I pierced, it was hurting a bit and I took some Advil. My piercer also asked me to clean it 3x a day, one in the shower. We don't find sea salt very often here; it's not as common as in US, so usually piercers tell you to clean it with saline solution. This weekend I will buy sea salt (we have imported stuff here, but it's harder to find) and make the SSS everyone usually does. Also, I think it's worth mentioning, she told me to move the piercing slightly when in the shower (so the skin is softer). But I have seen in many sites that you are not supposed to move the jewelry at all. I was confused at this point. I am afraid of moving it and scarring the tissue, but at the same time I'm afraid not to move it and have the jewelry stuck in the hole when it heals.

Three days later, the external hole was swollen and it hurt a lot. I kept cleaning it daily and always touching it with clean hands only. After another three days, it was still swollen but it didn't hurt as much, so I was relieved.

However today I woke up and I noticed that I had a white secretion coming out of the upper hole, and there was also a crust. I googled it and I saw that it's normal (it said this liquid is lymph); and as long as it's not a green/yellow discharge, it shouldn't be an infection. Also, this hole that was once normal, is swollen now.

But I'm a very paranoid person and I wanted to reassure myself. Since many people here have had the same experience, probably, I thought it would be best to post and make sure.

My questions are: is it normal for the ear to become swollen after 3 weeks? In the beginning the upper hole was fine, and only now that it's become swollen. Should I be worrying at all? Also, There are small bumps on the upper hole too :/ I'm really worried that it will grow bigger. I don't know if it's scarring or keloid or whatever. I'm freaking out here LOL Someone please help??

Please click on the image to open a bigger version (pierced ear x normal)

x

Thanks a bunch in advance

Saline is SSS.
    3x is too much, 1-2 tops.
    Never move it.
    White secretion is normal, it's part of the healing process.
    Later swelling is normal.
    Bumps are normal.

These are long long healers, you may experience swelling, lymph, bumps etc for 12 months or more.

It looks lovely ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you very much for your reply!

But if I don't move it, won't it maybe get attached to the skin or something? :(
    Also, does SSS help removing the bumps? I have seen many people on youtube stating that this is the best method to get rid of scarring and keloids; and I'm really afraid this bump will become bigger eventually :/

No that's a myth.
    SSS can help with the bumps, just all depends on how your body reacts.

It's not likely to be a keloid unless you have got them before?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Oh, no, not really. To be honest that's my second time getting a piercing. The first one was on my lip, but the piercer was really unprofessional and I had to remove it since she put some really short bars... twice. :I

The hole is now getting slightly white again, with the lymph or whatever, I will see if I can take pics and post here to check if it's normal? :c

Honestly, everything you have described is 100% normal.

I am so sorry to bother you like that but

Couldn't the upper part be slightly infected? (The whole ear is red because I left my ear on warm water) But it's really red (like, the skin even "shines" a bit?) around it besides the white liquid that comes out. It does look like an infection of some sort to me :( Or maybe I'm just freaking out. I have seen some horror stories of infected piercings, and being this my first time somehow, I don't really know what is normal and what is not!

Looks like a normal 10 day old piercing to me.

You're stressing too much. Your piercing looks perfectly normal! You need to remember you've made a hole in your ear and shoved some metal through it, so it can't close back up. It's going to be red/sore/swollen for quite a while as it sorts itself out.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Okay, last question for now then LOL Is this liquid normal? Like, it looks like infection and it looks like pus :I I cleaned it today and it bled :c I thought that when crusts started forming it meant it was starting to heal?? Ohgodddd

Gross image ahead, click at your own riskkk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast