Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Industrial Piercing Healing Question?? (with pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Just to jump in on this industrial thread, I've heard some places pierce them with two separate pierces of jewellery and then put the bar in once it's healed. I was wondering what people's opinions were on that?

I wouldn't do it myself because I wouldn't be able to wait that long for the bar!
    But my sister's just wouldn't heal as one bar. After 18 months it was still like a new piercing. As soon as she changed it to two separate studs it healed lovely, and then she changed it to a full industrial barbell after a further six months and it's been fine since (over a year later). I don't know why it wouldn't heal as one, but yeah... Now it's fine! I guess we're just different with different anatomies/bodies and different healing and thus different things work for different people.

Using two pieces of jewellery is very very risky and I wouldn't recommend doing it based on it working on one person.

It shouldn't have problems healing if your anatomy is okay and it's pierced so it's not causing pressure to your ear, or the bar is custom bent to prevent this. If you use two pieces of jewellery the angles of the holes can heal at different directions which can then be irritated horribly when one bar is put in, since it'll be forcing the hole the other way.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Using two pieces of jewellery is very very risky and I wouldn't recommend doing it based on it working on one person.

It shouldn't have problems healing if your anatomy is okay and it's pierced so it's not causing pressure to your ear, or the bar is custom bent to prevent this. If you use two pieces of jewellery the angles of the holes can heal at different directions which can then be irritated horribly when one bar is put in, since it'll be forcing the hole the other way.
    That's pretty much what happened to me, the holes healing at different directions. Which is why I wondered why people did it and how they prevented it happening. I was pierced with one bar but after two years the lower hole wouldn't properly heal because I kept catching the top of the bar on things, which didn't seem to bother the top hole, but bottom hole was angry! I looked up ways to help it and saw that some piercers say to heal with two bars, so I thought I'd try that. Helped the bottom hole, all healed up now, but I tried a long bar again and it really upset the top hole! I've give up now, just having two helix piercings, less hassle and more versatile this way! Working on the hypotrophic scarring now...
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Just to jump in on this industrial thread, I've heard some places pierce them with two separate pierces of jewellery and then put the bar in once it's healed. I was wondering what people's opinions were on that?
    My piercer always recommends people that come into her studio to get piercer with two bars. I don't know how this is done, but I'm assuming she aligns the two holes up to make sure their the bar can go in once healed. She always says it depends on people's lifestyles.
    Hello, I'm Meg

Current:
    2 x lobe (R&L) / daith (L) / septum / helix (L) /

Retired
    daith (R) / rook (R) / 2 x helix (L) / outer conch (R)

"laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" - walt disney

It's possible to go with 2 bars but it just causes problems when they settle as they can be in odd angles leading to you needing custom bent jewellery which may then not be suitable due to anatomy.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not sure how that will help healing as the two separate pieces could heal mis-aligned.
    When I had my industrial done, I had the bottom part pierced first and then went back about a month later, maybe just over, and had the second, top part pierced and the longer bar put though both of them. I'm not sure if it's just me but it really seemed to help the healing process. I only got one bump which lasted around a month and it got a little angry every now and then but it was by far one of the easiest piercings I've healed.
    Left Ear: Daith, Industrial, Conch, 2 Lobes
    Right Ear: 2 Helixes, Tragus, 3 Conches, 2 Lobes

Septum, Tongue

Retired: snug :(

Quote Originally Posted by Carrielouise View Post
    I'm not sure how that will help healing as the two separate pieces could heal mis-aligned.
    When I had my industrial done, I had the bottom part pierced first and then went back about a month later, maybe just over, and had the second, top part pierced and the longer bar put though both of them. I'm not sure if it's just me but it really seemed to help the healing process. I only got one bump which lasted around a month and it got a little angry every now and then but it was by far one of the easiest piercings I've healed.
    I guess it works for some people and not for others, just interested in different ways it's done. I'm not that sad about losing the ability to wear one bar, I'm not entirely I anatomically suited to it anyway. Just trying to get rid of some rather stubborn scarring!
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Yes the white liquid is okay. I had my helix done not too long ago and it bled for the first week or so. Dont worry!

Your piercing looks fine! Im my opinion it's always better to get pierced with simple jewelry (straight barbells) in order to prevent irritation, but your piercing seems to be healing just fine. swelling is normal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234