Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Piercing Healing Question?? (with pics)

Thankfully we have health insurance (idk if that's the name, but basically you pay XXX in a year/month and you can go to any kind of doctor for "free") :P

Also, I know you said not to worry about the sea salt, but since it's what most people use to reduce bumps, I really would like to give it a try. I just bought one online. However the brands we have here are kinda... different.

There's this brand that is actually from France, I think, and it says it's non iodized and that it contains no additives. However it does state that it's rich in magnesium, because apparently that's the nature of the sea salt from that region. I read online that magnesium carbonate actually slows down the healing process, so now I'm wondering if that means this brand is a no-no? Or magnesium carbonate isn't the same as magnesium itself?

Tbh I bought another one which doesn't quite state the quantity of magnesium. It just says it's 100% natural, non iodized and additive free. But for future reference I think it would be interesting to figure out if it would be okay to buy the other brand as well!

UPDATE

So, I've been taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory since this Friday, and my piercing has been apparently healthy so far! It does itch sometimes but it hasn't bled nor have I seen any discharge I'm really excited and happy tbh! Still waiting for the sea salt to arrive since I ordered it online x:

Last edited by sonatine; 10-12-2015 at 03:39 PM.

i have had my industrial for around 5 years now, and after i got it, it shifted between fine and inflamed aaaaall the time for over a year. like i remember it, it was fine for a while and then one of the holes got irritated and inflamed, it got fine, then the other hole started, and they were basically doing that for some time until both got irritated at the same time. And then miraculously one morning i woke up and everything was fine, and i have never ever had any problems since!

And by the way; i wouldn't be so stressed about the sea salt if i were you. I never trusted to make sea salt soaks by my self (if you use too less salt it doesn't work, and if you use too much you could dry out the piercing), so all i ever used was saline solution from the pharmacy. It's practically the same, salt dissolved in water. Except the one from the pharmacy is made for wounds etc. It worked completely fine with all my 11 piercings
    Last edited by Boo; 10-12-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Current:
    Industrial (L)
    Tragus (R)
    Helix (R)
    1st lobes 5mm (L&R)
    2nd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    3rd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    4rd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    Belly Button
    Septum
    Nipples (Both)

Wishlist:
    Tripple forward helix (Right)
    Daith (Left)

Tattoos:
    Koi fish with an Carnation and two Amaryllis flowers on my upper arm/ shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    UPDATE

So, I've been taking antibiotics and anti-inflammatory since this Friday, and my piercing has been apparently healthy so far! It does itch sometimes but it hasn't bled nor have I seen any discharge I'm really excited and happy tbh! Still waiting for the sea salt to arrive since I ordered it online x:

Looking good!

Alright, so after many days with my piercing alright, today I woke up and saw a bump (it's small but it's there, on the upper hole orz) :( which is supposed to be normal? I have read that people who get industrials always get hypertrophic scarring? My ear is red because I took these after doing the SSS thing, but I'm not sure it'll help :/ what should I do?

Also, when I went to dry my ear with a swab, the back hole started bleeding a bit, ohgod... Should it even be bleeding at this point??? It's going to complete a month in two days!

Alright, so after many days with my piercing alright, today I woke up and saw a bump (it's small but it's there, on the upper hole orz) :( which is supposed to be normal? I have read that people who get industrials always get hypertrophic scarring? My ear is red because I took these after doing the SSS thing, but I'm not sure it'll help :/ what should I do?

Also, when I went to dry my ear with a swab, the back hole started bleeding a bit, ohgod... Should it even be bleeding at this point??? It's going to complete a month in two days!
    It's all totally normal, you may experience all these healing issues for the full healing time, maybe try not to use swabs, just rinse after your SSS.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you for always helping out Hazel

I also got hypertrophic scars on both holes, but they disappeared by themselves shortly after it was healed. as a skin care therapist I want to give you the tips to not start treating the scars before the the piercing is healed, scars should be left alone 6 month to a year after they appear just chill and let the body do its thing
    Current:
    Industrial (L)
    Tragus (R)
    Helix (R)
    1st lobes 5mm (L&R)
    2nd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    3rd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    4rd lobes 1.2mm (L&R)
    Belly Button
    Septum
    Nipples (Both)

Wishlist:
    Tripple forward helix (Right)
    Daith (Left)

Tattoos:
    Koi fish with an Carnation and two Amaryllis flowers on my upper arm/ shoulder

Just to jump in on this industrial thread, I've heard some places pierce them with two separate pierces of jewellery and then put the bar in once it's healed. I was wondering what people's opinions were on that?
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Just to jump in on this industrial thread, I've heard some places pierce them with two separate pierces of jewellery and then put the bar in once it's healed. I was wondering what people's opinions were on that?
    I've not heard that before, although I'm no expert. But I would have thought that the industrial needs to be healed in one go because of the angles needed for the piercings themselves. If they're done separately, the holes may not align with an industrial bar so someone may struggle to heal it..if at all.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast