Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Piercing Healing Question?? (with pics)

I think it's just that your ear has been aggravated by the cleaning and touching. You can get crusties for months and I believe Industrials are one of the harder piercings to heal overall. I can't see any discolouration in the white liquid which would indicate a bad infection. I do know that sometimes minor infections can ooze white pus but your ear looks like it should with your piercing. If you're in doubt, go to your doctor and ask about it so you get some reassurance on it.

Your best course of action from now is to use the LITHA method, (leave it the hell alone), or not overdoing the SSS. I know it's frustrating but don't touch it or over clean it but again, if you're worried go to your doctor and show them. Good luck Sonatine
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

But I only touch it when I clean it :(

Tbh I'm afraid to go to the doctor and having him tell me to remove it LOL but yeah, I think I will have it checked out. I also sent this picture to my piercer now I'm awaiting for a reply...

Thanks for your input though ; o ;

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    But I only touch it when I clean it :(

Tbh I'm afraid to go to the doctor and having him tell me to remove it LOL but yeah, I think I will have it checked out. I also sent this picture to my piercer now I'm awaiting for a reply...

Thanks for your input though ; o ;
    Believe me, I know what it's like to want to touch the piercing lol, glad you're not overdoing it. I'm still learning up on piercings myself but honestly it looks okay to me. And don't be put off from seeing your doctor. They should know by now that removing a piercing if an infection is there is the wrong thing to do.

Hopefully your piercer will get back to you soon. I'd like to see what they say and fingers crossed it will put your mind at ease
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Left conch.

Don't be surprised if your doctor says it's infected or to take it out. Many do not have an clue at all how piercings work. If they tell you to take it out and you don't want to then don't. There's no reason to.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks guys. The piercer told me it looks normal to her BUT I don't quite trust her much since she also told me not to place my ear on warm water (which is basically what helps most when you have the sea salt) and also to move the jewelry a bit in the shower since the crusts will be soft. But I have seen many places telling you not to move it otherwise you reopen the wound and it can also leave scars... :I

I'm just really afraid the jewelry will end up attached to the skin once it heals though orz and I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday. Hopefully he will say it's not an infection, and, if it is, I will be able to make it heal with antibiotics...

Thanks guys. The piercer told me it looks normal to her BUT I don't quite trust her much since she also told me not to place my ear on warm water (which is basically what helps most when you have the sea salt) and also to move the jewelry a bit in the shower since the crusts will be soft. But I have seen many places telling you not to move it otherwise you reopen the wound and it can also leave scars... :I

I'm just really afraid the jewelry will end up attached to the skin once it heals though orz and I have an appointment with the doctor on Friday. Hopefully he will say it's not an infection, and, if it is, I will be able to make it heal with antibiotics...
    I've been pierced over 40 times, never moved the jewellery, never had any jewellery get stuck. It's a myth.

Don't be surprised if anti-biotics don't do much.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Will not move then! I will keep you guys updated after I go to the doctor hopefully my experience can be useful for someone who is also going through something similar and know nothing about piercings haha

Will not move then! I will keep you guys updated after I go to the doctor hopefully my experience can be useful for someone who is also going through something similar and know nothing about piercings haha
    Absolutely sonatine. I've learned a lot by what others have posted. I can't believe what a true novice I was and there are many out there who're just the same. If it helps someone else, it's a good idea. Good luck at the doctors.
    Left conch.

Yes! So

UPDATE: I went to the doctor and he told me my ear is infected. He -obviously- told me to remove the jewelry but I said I wouldn't. So he just gave me some antibiotics and anti-inflammatory he also told me to use a topical medication but I'm not doing it LOL
    I'm still trying to find the sea salt :( it's so hard here, most of the ones we have are iodized, so it's been tough! My ear bled yesterday when I cleaned it after the shower but the white discharge is gone for now at least!

Thank you all for your help so far!!

Most doctors do just to cover themselves and to make money of course. Don't worry about the sea salt. Just rinse it in the shower daily and wipe away any softened crusties with a clean cotton bud/q-tip.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast