Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community +18 QUESTIONS ONLY

Yeah she breeds snakes so she has dead rats to feed them, so she decided not to let the opportunity go to waste.

Another thing is I'm on a medication that affects scarring, it makes you more prone to keloid. You're not supposed to get tattoos while you're on it, but I feel like the whole point of scarification is to get a scar...
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Yeah she breeds snakes so she has dead rats to feed them, so she decided not to let the opportunity go to waste.

Another thing is I'm on a medication that affects scarring, it makes you more prone to keloid. You're not supposed to get tattoos while you're on it, but I feel like the whole point of scarification is to get a scar...
    Probably worth doing some research on that then (I'm sure you already knew that). Although I have just found this (NSFW) article, which shows a scarification piece getting keloids. So, yeah? I know the point is to scar, but keloids aren't exactly as aesthetically pleasing, I guess?
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Interesting! And if I was you there's no way I'd have scarification on that medication. If she knows about it I'm surprised she's willing to work on you.
    Last edited by Hazel; 11-17-2015 at 08:24 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Probably worth doing some research on that then (I'm sure you already knew that). Although I have just found this (NSFW) article, which shows a scarification piece getting keloids. So, yeah? I know the point is to scar, but keloids aren't exactly as aesthetically pleasing, I guess?
    I agree with Jester - the controlled scarring from scarification is different than the unpredictable scarring from keloids.
    Current: Left ear: 2x lobes, tragus. Right ear: 2x lobes, rook, inner conch, outer conch. Other: L nare, navel, L & R nipples, VCH, septum
    Retired: R nipple, L eyebrow

Wish list: L forward helix, Monroe or labret
    Tattoos: 8 - 15 hours worth

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Interesting! And if I was you there's no way I'd have scarification on that medication. If she knows about it I'm surprised she's willing to work on you.
    She doesn't know about it. I need to do research but its hard because scarification isn't a big thing to begin with, so there's not a lot of details about scarification while on Accutane... I can ask my derm but not sure she'll know either. Some pages I've found have said that scarification is intentional keloids, but not sure that's what I'm going for... We'll see

Edit: Well after I wrote that I looked at Jester's article... I'm gonna go ahead and wait... A long time..
    Last edited by Thehorror; 11-17-2015 at 11:49 PM.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Accutane causes skin fragility and delays the healing of wounds. I personally would NOT do a any scarification while on this drug. You should wait until you've been off the med for a few months before doing anything.

She doesn't know about it. I need to do research but its hard because scarification isn't a big thing to begin with, so there's not a lot of details about scarification while on Accutane... I can ask my derm but not sure she'll know either. Some pages I've found have said that scarification is intentional keloids, but not sure that's what I'm going for... We'll see

Edit: Well after I wrote that I looked at Jester's article... I'm gonna go ahead and wait... A long time..
    Exactly, there's just no way you should go for it at all. She wouldn't have performed it on you once you filled out a medication form.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I'm thinking I want a triangle... I think I have the anatomy for it but not 100% obviously.

I just wondered which piercers people would recommend? Lmao. I live in Kent but I'll travel everywhere, I was thinking Kalima maybe as it's pretty close. But I'd be more than willing to travel to HTT (I'll be up there anyway) if need be. It's obviously a piercing I don't want messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgo View Post
    I'm thinking I want a triangle... I think I have the anatomy for it but not 100% obviously.

I just wondered which piercers people would recommend? Lmao. I live in Kent but I'll travel everywhere, I was thinking Kalima maybe as it's pretty close. But I'd be more than willing to travel to HTT (I'll be up there anyway) if need be. It's obviously a piercing I don't want messed up.
    Either are fine, you'll want Quentin at Kalima and Marcus at HTT, book in advance as they don't work 7 days a week.

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Either are fine, you'll want Quentin at Kalima and Marcus at HTT, book in advance as they don't work 7 days a week.
    I should've searched before I posted cause I found loads of good stories about Quentin! Thank you anyway. Just need to save up some money, thinking summer next year.