Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tragus and MRI... Need advice

Quote Originally Posted by kiapita View Post
    I know all the reasons that they request piercings be removed. They wouldn't need a nasotracheal airway as they already have an ET tube down my throat. They can suction down the tube or into the oropharyngeal space and wouldn't need to suction down the nares. Possibly an NG tube but they will also try the right nare first. They may shift someone in the ICU to prevent bedsores but not to the point of being prone or laying on an ear or eyebrow. And if they hit my eyebrow piercing while cauterizing my ABDOMEN then the lawsuit over that huge error will more than negate the melted piercing.
    As she said "It's highly unlikely". However to simplify things I'm sure many departments just have blanket rules so they're not having to go through specific criteria just for someone's piercing. But the long list of things that could happen just get applied to everything to keep things easy, smooth flowing and cheaper, less paperwork, reasoning/decision making etc
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've got a medical background so I have a pretty decent understanding of the risks and the potential complications. The piercings that were easy to remove or had a high risk of becoming a problem (i.e. navel) were removed. The one's that wouldn't cause a problem got to stay - to which the doctor agreed.

I've got a medical background so I have a pretty decent understanding of the risks and the potential complications. The piercings that were easy to remove or had a high risk of becoming a problem (i.e. navel) were removed. The one's that wouldn't cause a problem got to stay - to which the doctor agreed.
    I didn't say you hadn't got an understanding, sorry if my post upset you :/

Just stating some facts I've been told from medical professionals in the UK
    Last edited by Boo; 10-15-2015 at 01:39 AM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I didn't say you hadn't got an understanding, sorry if my post upset you :/

Just stating some facts I've been told from medical professionals in the UK
    No worries Hazel, not upset here at all. Besides, from what limited time I've been on here, you definitely have a LOT more understanding of piercings than probably even my own piercer!! It's nice to read some of your replies because my understanding is limited to how the body heals, and not how to make the body heal despite having foreign objects in it!

No worries Hazel, not upset here at all. Besides, from what limited time I've been on here, you definitely have a LOT more understanding of piercings than probably even my own piercer!! It's nice to read some of your replies because my understanding is limited to how the body heals, and not how to make the body heal despite having foreign objects in it!
    Glad to hear it. Yeah the healing can be different in the case of piercing.

Thanks for the advice everyone. As it's been a month, I've decided to wait for another month and temporarily put a plastic retainer in for the procedure. I know it's on the early side, but I don't want to have this close up and re pierce for a third time! When it's done, I'll replace my hoop with a straight bar so hopefully I'll have a better time at healing this baby!
    Left Ear: 3 lobe, Helix
    Right Ear: 3 lobe, Tragus
    Navel

Quote Originally Posted by Reese0317 View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. As it's been a month, I've decided to wait for another month and temporarily put a plastic retainer in for the procedure. I know it's on the early side, but I don't want to have this close up and re pierce for a third time! When it's done, I'll replace my hoop with a straight bar so hopefully I'll have a better time at healing this baby!
    Sounds like a good plan

MRI's suck when it comes to piercings. I try to stick with glass or silicone jewelry for that purpose.
    Mods: 9/16" lobes, 1/2" septum. 2 tattoos.

Next: Re-pierced vertical industrial(largest gauge possible) and septum stretched.

The rest: ampallang(8 or 6 gauge),guiche(largest possible), earlobes scalpelled(largest possible), labret scalpelled(largest possible), vertical bridge, philtrum, high nostrils, and frenum done. Not sure what order I should go in. More tattoos as well.

Inactivity is death. - Benito Mussolini

I've ordered a bioplast barbell and will change it to this for the MRI. Thanks for all your replies.
    Left Ear: 3 lobe, Helix
    Right Ear: 3 lobe, Tragus
    Navel

Jumping in here because I work in healthcare. Also, I almost had to get a neck MRI myself and had a recent tragus piercing. The issue (outside of not wanting to wearing jewelry that is affected by the MRI magnet) is that metal near the area that is being looked at by the MRI causes the interference and messes with the pictures (called "artifact"). They might allow jewelry if they were taking pictures farther away, like a hip.

In the end, it's up to the MRI technician and radiologist to decide. If they say "no metal jewelry whatsoever" you can't really argue with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12