Thread: Growing bump

Default Growing bump

I got a double helix around 2 months ago. About 1 month ago I noticed I was getting the dreaded bumps. I continued with my sea salt soaks. However they definitely look bigger than when I first got them, or even from 2 weeks ago. I assumed they were hypertrophic scars as first but I haven't been able to find anything on growing hypertrophic scars. I just started doing chamomile salt soaks today so we'll see how that goes. The bumps secrete a clear discharge but nothing else. Should the bumps be any cause for concern or should I just keep cleaning as usual?
    Last edited by sisibo; 09-09-2015 at 09:54 AM.

At 2 months I'd just be rinsing them in the shower tbh. HT scars can grow.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Leave it alone. SSS for the first week or two after you got it done, maybe once in a while if you feel it's being fussy, but after that, leave it alone. Bye bye bump.

I agree with the others. I didn't know this myself but the LITHA method cures a lot when it comes to piercings, (leave it the hell alone). I had my helix jewellery changed a few weeks ago and one of them got angry and the ball was nearly swallowed up by my ear. I did chamomile soaks for a few days and a few saline cleans but I've left it alone generally after that. You automatically think you need to clean it but it's not always the case.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.