Thread: PROBLEM with wearing a 6MM CIRCULAR BARBELL in a 1.2mm SEPTUM PIERCING

Default PROBLEM with wearing a 6MM CIRCULAR BARBELL in a 1.2mm SEPTUM PIERCING

Iíve had my septum pierced for a year and recently bought a 6mm circular barbell (my septum piercing is 1.2mm 16g) I wore it for a few days and it did feel fairly tight around my nose,the balls where quite tight on the middle of my nose but It was bearable.
    After a few days I did have to take it out because every time I moved it or accidentally knocked it, I felt a sharp pain much like the pain I felt when it was being pierced.

When I took out the ring I saw there was a bit of blood around the middle of it (the part that was sitting through my septum)

Iím just wondering if anyone knows/has any ideas as to why this happened?
    Iíd say my piercing is fairly high;maybe on the higher side of in the middle of my septum but Iím not exactly sure.

Maybe the balls are too big so there is not any or enough space between them and my nose hence why it felt tight?(the balls are 3mm)
    Or is it possible that some people just can't wear 6mm jewellery in their septum?

I donít know much about piercings or sizes so I really have no idea,but I do love the look of 6mm jewellery in my septum ( I also have a 6mm clicker which also is tight and sometimes hurts a little,but nowhere near as much as the circular barbell although I did decide to take that one out too because I was worried itíd damage my piercing)

19 year old girl who is quite new to the piercing world..but eager to have more
    Yet to step into the tattoo world.
    3 lobe piercings/left ear,1 lobe piercing/right ear,
    proud owner of a septum piercing

It sounds like 6mm might be a bit small for your nose. I know i could never wear jewellery that small in my septum piercing. You say it's quite high so maybe you should try the next size up.
    2g lobes, 18g forward helix (L), 14g Conch (L), 16g Double helix (L) 14g Daith (R), and 18g right nostril. 16g Septum.
    2 hours of ink.
    Retired: Gunned 20g lobes many years ago, 16g Tragus, 18g third (L), 18g Forward helix (bottom of double)(L) 14g Philtrum x 2, 18g second (L).

Yeah, 6mm are very rarely used for septum jewellery and is mostly for ear cartilage piercings. Not that people can't wear them if they fit comfortably, as everyone is different. I would recommend trying to next size up and see how that feels (8mm).
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Yeah, 6mm are very rarely used for septum jewellery and is mostly for ear cartilage piercings. Not that people can't wear them if they fit comfortably, as everyone is different. I would recommend trying to next size up and see how that feels (8mm).
    Quite untrue, IS sell absolutely loads of clickers in 6mm.

However OP it does sound like you're suited to 8mm rather than 6mm.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Oh, well I read that 6mm is mainly for ear piercings when I was deciding on sizes for mine, and clickers can be worn on ears too. Like I said though, not saying you can't wear them in your septum, since many people do and you can wear any size you want anywhere as long as it's comfortable and not adding lots of pressure which can cause issues, but it all depends on your nose size of course.
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Well 6mm drop septum clickers are for septums and an extremely popular size for a snug fit. It's taken me an age to find one on a selling group larger than 6mm to buy as most are 6mm!
    Last edited by Boo; 08-30-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just goes to show internet research is not always the most reliable! I'd read a few times 6mm is more suited to ears and not septums. :P I'd like to get one in 6mm since I want a snug fit but worried I'll have similar problems to the OP.
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Just goes to show internet research is not always the most reliable! I'd read a few times 6mm is more suited to ears and not septums. :P I'd like to get one in 6mm since I want a snug fit but worried I'll have similar problems to the OP.
    Yeah makes no sense when there's never a standard size for an ear piercing or septum piercing or any piercing for that matter. Lots of people find 6mm is a lovely snug fit, but of course it's dependant on placement and anatomy.

I wear an 8mm in my Septum-you could try that size.
    My Piercings:

Ear: Double Helix, Anti-Tragus, Forward Helix, 6mm Stretched Lobes (Originally 0.8mm),
    Nose: Septum,
    Body: Navel,
    Oral: Tongue, Tongue Web.