Thread: 18 days into healing w/ horseshoes

Question 18 days into healing w/ horseshoes

over the years i've had my lobes pierced twice via gun and have had them rejected by my ears (no surprise there)
    as my lobes are a bit more thick than normal, when i got them pierced for the third (and hopefully last) time i was pierced with 16g surgical steel horseshoes
    now my question is, the "normal" healing time for lobes is about 6 weeks... will it take longer to heal a 16g horseshoe piercing?

for the first two weeks, i washed with q-tips and a saline solution 3x a day and after coming in from outside
    getting to my third week now i've started washing 2x a day (before bed and after waking up) and after coming in from outside

i do SSS occasionally if "crusties" need to be removed.

also when i switch my earrings later in the future, should i search around for other 16g surgical steel or look for 18g?

thanks in advance!!
    R x L lobes- 16g horseshoes
    2 hours tattoo work

Average healing is 4-6 weeks but yes because they weren't done with bars it may take longer.

If you want to swtich them once healed then you go for the gauge you're at now. You could go to 18g but may find they stay at that size.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<