Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Between Piercings Wait Time?

Exclamation Between Piercings Wait Time?

Hi Yall,
    I just got my navel pierced about a month ago how long should or do I wait before getting another piercing?
    Thinking about getting a nose piercing done.
    Thanks

Lu

Hi, the general advice is no more than 3 healing within a 3 months period. You'll be fine to get your nostril pierced.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Hi, the general advice is no more than 3 healing within a 3 months period. You'll be fine to get your nostril pierced.
    I didn't know this Hazel, I thought that as long as you heal properly and don't have several done at the same time, it was okay. I know I've had all mine done separately but I've now got 5 that span over about 3 months. They're healing brilliantly but I do hope I haven't over done it
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLoveLace View Post
    I didn't know this Hazel, I thought that as long as you heal properly and don't have several done at the same time, it was okay. I know I've had all mine done separately but I've now got 5 that span over about 3 months. They're healing brilliantly but I do hope I haven't over done it
    Nah it's just a general guide so as not to delay healing or put too much pressure on your system. Getting all 5 at once wouldn't have been a good idea but doing it over time is fine. Depends on the piercing as well and how it heals
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Nah it's just a general guide so as not to delay healing or put too much pressure on your system. Getting all 5 at once wouldn't have been a good idea but doing it over time is fine. Depends on the piercing as well and how it heals
    Phew I'm so pleased that my piercings have been okay, and fingers crossed it stays that way, as I know some people take longer to heal, and I didn't want to overdo it.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Left conch.

I've 2 in one day and I found I felt really drained after it.

I suspect that's more because I'm a total shi**bag when it comes to piercings so I had worked myself up that much that it's was probably the adrenaline wearing off.

Plus for me personally I hate the hassle of healing more that one piercing as it were. That's just me though.
    Last edited by Boo; 08-17-2015 at 10:33 PM. Reason: swearing

I got my Tagus done in July and the experience was incredible! My piercer was great, the piercing was nearly painless, and it's healing beautifully. It definitely got me itching for more!

In August, I decided to do my conch and my helix (roughly 4 weeks after the tragus). While my experience with the piercer was excellent and the act of piercing was only mildly painful, I've found that I'm having a harder time with healing.

Now, I'll be waiting the recommended amount of time for my next set ��

Quote Originally Posted by JR-85 View Post
    I got my Tagus done in July and the experience was incredible! My piercer was great, the piercing was nearly painless, and it's healing beautifully. It definitely got me itching for more!

In August, I decided to do my conch and my helix (roughly 4 weeks after the tragus). While my experience with the piercer was excellent and the act of piercing was only mildly painful, I've found that I'm having a harder time with healing.

Now, I'll be waiting the recommended amount of time for my next set ��
    It's a good rule of thumb to go by. I must be very lucky in my healing but I don't want to overdo it so I'll have a chat with my piercer in a few months to see what she thinks. I'm healing six, (four helix, two tragus), and they've all been done in about five months and there's definitely two more that I want. I've had them all done, one at a time, (to make it easier to sleep if any of them were sore/swollen but thankfully they haven't been). Maybe your helix and conch being done together JR, is why they're taking their time. I'm 50 this year and it would be nice to have the new ones done, for that, but if I have to wait, I will.

I feel sorry for some people because they have a hard time healing their piercings. Just shows how different we all are.
    Left conch.

Would you recommend longer wait times for cartilage piercings?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast