Thread: Nose Piercing or Not ?? Help

Exclamation Nose Piercing or Not ?? Help

Hi Yall,

I've been wanting and been thinking about getting a nose piercing but the one thing that's holding me back is I don't know if this piercing is right for me cause I have alot of allergies more soo like runny , stuffy nose type of allergies.

Does someone have a nose piercing that has this much allergies??? Any Advice?? I've been going back and forth on it .

Thanks

Lu

I don't have allergies but I regularly suffer with very stuffy/runny nose! I've got both my nostril and septum pierced and have never really had an issue with blowing my nose etc, my nostril is now 6 years old and my septum is nearly 2 months old.

I do find that now I've got my septum pierced I do have to clean the inside of my nostrils more if I suffer with a runny nose otherwise the jewellery gets caught etc!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I just have the left nostril pierced but I don't have a problem when I'm blowing or cleaning my nose, etc. One thing I'm careful of though is when I wipe or squeeze a tissue together, after blowing, for eg, is to make sure not to pull my stud down when moving the tissue away.

You'd get used to it soon enough and find the best way for you to deal with your nose and allergies.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

I got a really bad cold a few days after I had my nose pierced which was just my luck, but it didn't affect the piercing at all really, apart from the cleaning process taking a bit longer than it had to. I think you'll be just fine, as long as you stick to the cleaning routine.

Go for it! I am and i have allergies too

Lots of good information here!

I'd love to get my nose pierced, but I've been wondering about this too.

What about with the septum piercing? I'm not sure I could pull off a septum, but curious minds...

Quote Originally Posted by JR-85 View Post
    Lots of good information here!

I'd love to get my nose pierced, but I've been wondering about this too.

What about with the septum piercing? I'm not sure I could pull off a septum, but curious minds...
    Honestly, once your piercing has settled down, you'll be fine.As I said before, when I'm blowing or wiping my nose, I'm just careful NOT to pull the stud down. I like my nose piercing, it seems to be one that some people are apprehensive to get though.

Put your pic JR in the Would This Piercing Suit Me thread and others can give their opinions on a septum piercing. I like how people here urge you on to get something new. Go on..do it
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Everyone suits septum piercings lol!

Also I had double nostrils and a septum piercing, they work fine together!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It shouldn't affect you, just be careful

2 year old thread, closed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<