Thread: Nostril piercing still giving me trouble- a year later?

Default Nostril piercing still giving me trouble- a year later?

Hello everyone!
    My nostril piercing of almost a year is for some reason still looking pretty gnarly, and I thought I would ask around on here before returning back to my piercer. So here's the deal- I am currently wearing what I was told was a high quality (and expensive!) titanium labret, purchased from the very refutable piercing shop where I was pierced. (I also tried a titanium stud from another refutable shop just in case, had the same problems). The skin around the nose is constantly cherry red, and the area somehow seems to be dry and flaky and weepy and wet looking at the same time. The stud I am using has a large round top, and underneath this top, which sits right up against the skin, the skin is red and raw- my jewlery appears to be almost sinking down into my nose. The post seems plenty long to me so I am not sure why this happening. To add on, bumps that are accompanied with pus and crusties often will spring up at random, always in the same spot next to the hole. Anyone have any ideas?? I've heard nostril piercings can't really reject but it seems like my body just wants it gone. I've been doing correctly portioned sea salt soaks, sometimes with pure camomile (no ragweed allergies here) and I have also tried leaving it the hell alone for a few weeks at a time, and neither of these methods does anything. I'll add some pictures to this thread soon- I put some Neosporin on the raw area and it actually looks alright for now. Sorry for the length and thanks for reading, any help is appreciated!

Did it encounter any trauma at any point?
    It's slightly possible you have an allergy, maybe try PTFE/Bioplast/glass/niobium for a while?
    Could possibly be a placement issue but only a piercer can determine that with a good assessment.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Did it encounter any trauma at any point?
    It's slightly possible you have an allergy, maybe try PTFE/Bioplast/glass/niobium for a while?
    Could possibly be a placement issue but only a piercer can determine that with a good assessment.
    Hey Hazel, thanks for the response- I have had a few relatively traumatic things happen, the occasional stud catching a towel or getting bumped but nothing totally serious... And I have definitely considered bioplast or PTFE think it's worth a try? Also, I have not considered the placement issue yet, but i will definitely bring it up next time I visist my piecer.

I think it's worth a shot yeah. I managed to really bash one of mine one night and it simply never recovered, after months I couldn't get it to heal again so I took it out. It was SO annoying.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I think it's worth a shot yeah. I managed to really bash one of mine one night and it simply never recovered, after months I couldn't get it to heal again so I took it out. It was SO annoying.
    Oh, I hear you on that! Having to abandon a piercing seems pretty sad- they really become a part of you, no matter how much of a nuisance. I'll drop into the shop and have the labret switched to something non-metal, and I'll add some updates to the thread on how the little bugger is doing. Thanks again!

No problem! I'm getting mine redone soon ^_^

Update: upon visiting my piercer for a jewlery change, we decided the piercing would best be abandoned and healed up. Once the hole is all healed I may try re piercing, but most likely on the other side to prevent scar tissue complications. Hopefully the next time goes a lot better!