Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nose Piercing Bump?

Default Nose Piercing Bump?

So, I had my nose pierced about a month ago, I've had piercing before so was used to sss and that sort of thing. Around a week ago the dreaded nose bump appeared, but I did some research (mainly on here) and didn't panic too much, just continued with sss and hoped it would go down.

However when cleaning it tonight i accidentally burst it. It doesn't really hurt, and I got the liquid and a little blood, but stopped pretty quickly and didn't smell or anything.

If I completely leave it alone (apart from sss) will it go down? How long will it take? It's not painful, it just looks awful. Would you say it would be gone by like mid August? Have I ruined my nose by accidentally bursting it?

I've never had any problems like this with other piercings and I'm love my nose ring!
    Current Piercings:
    1 x lobe piercing either side.
    3 x Cartliadge piercings on right ear.
    1 x Nostril piercing on right side.

Future Ventures:
    Deathly Hallows tattoo on my ankle/foot (undecided!)e
    Rook
    Snug

No one can predict how you'll heal or what your body will do sorry hun. Hope it settles for you soon.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for replying! My piercings usually heal really well, so was a bit disappointed, but read somewhere about a sea salt paste to help, and did it this morning and it's gone down tremendously, so hoping that within a few days it'll be gone.
    Current Piercings:

Future Ventures:
    Rook
    Snug

Awesome!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by HellaFreewood View Post
    So, I had my nose pierced about a month ago, I've had piercing before so was used to sss and that sort of thing. Around a week ago the dreaded nose bump appeared, but I did some research (mainly on here) and didn't panic too much, just continued with sss and hoped it would go down.However when cleaning it tonight i accidentally burst it. It doesn't really hurt, and I got the liquid and a little blood, but stopped pretty quickly and didn't smell or anything.If I completely leave it alone (apart from sss) will it go down? How long will it take? It's not painful, it just looks awful. Would you say it would be gone by like mid August? Have I ruined my nose by accidentally bursting it?I've never had any problems like this with other piercings and I'm love my nose ring!
    Why are you SSS after a month? Leave the thing along, and watch everything go away.

Quote Originally Posted by iambeezer View Post
    Why are you SSS after a month? Leave the thing along, and watch everything go away.
    because some people need to as everyone heals differently.

Quote Originally Posted by HellaFreewood View Post
    So, I had my nose pierced about a month ago, I've had piercing before so was used to sss and that sort of thing. Around a week ago the dreaded nose bump appeared, but I did some research (mainly on here) and didn't panic too much, just continued with sss and hoped it would go down.

However when cleaning it tonight i accidentally burst it. It doesn't really hurt, and I got the liquid and a little blood, but stopped pretty quickly and didn't smell or anything.

If I completely leave it alone (apart from sss) will it go down? How long will it take? It's not painful, it just looks awful. Would you say it would be gone by like mid August? Have I ruined my nose by accidentally bursting it?

I've never had any problems like this with other piercings and I'm love my nose ring!
    I had one for over a month due to accidentally yanking it out when it was 2 weeks old. SSS did nothing (I did them for over a month along with hot compresses, hydrocortisone). Against my better judgment I popped the bump. Nothing came out at all but 2 weeks later it has not come back!

I made a sea salt paste and used that for a few days, the bump is completely gone.
    Current Piercings:

Future Ventures:
    Rook
    Snug

Wow. Thats interesting. Next time I get a bump, I'll try that paste.
    I usually just leave it alone or my piercer puts a little plastic disk on my piercing where the bump has formed.
    Current:
    Right: Tragus, Daith, Helix(2), Lobes(2)
    Left: Tragus, Conch, Rook, Industrial, Lobes (2)
    Other: Navel, Nostril, Nipples.
    Retired: MD's (2)♡

I also had this bump... Every night before I slept I took the piercing out, gave it a thorough salt water clean and put it back in. Eventually it started to dry up and it went away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast