Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Septum Piercing!

Default -----

----
    Wasn't bashing, just had concerns I wanted to talk about. XD I'll just keep this blank and try and be more patient and not worry so much. Sorry for the trouble! No more updates.
    Last edited by Roz; 07-24-2015 at 04:53 AM.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel

Hey ! Glad your piercing was a breeze ! I got my septum pierced in January this year, a few days after I took out my nose piercing because it looked too cluttered! I got pierced with a 16g 10mm circular barbell, so if you do decide to change it, ask for a 10mm one, it won't hang too low, it won't hang too high, it sits just perfect! If you need to have it flipped up, keep it flipped up 24/7, clean it when it is still flipped up too. Flipping it up and down can really irritate the piercing if it is fresh, so it's either up or down, and stick with that for about a month! I stretched my septum to a 14g on accident, but I like to have it bigger! Hope your healing goes well!

10mm would be too big for me, 9mm is perfect and 8mm is snug, I know some people who wear as small as 6mm, noses aren't one size

Roz I'm really sad to hear you felt rushed and like you couldn't speak to people at HTT, maybe feed back to them so they can consider it for future?

Sometimes the shop doesn't seem busy but when they have 2 tattoo artists, a modification artist and a piercer in they can all be mad busy and people forget they have other rooms with work going on in them so it can appear quiet on the surface. That said, you shouldn't ever feel rushed. You should also have been given written aftercare, he would have told you to leave it flipped up btw. Also if you ever have any questions you can message them on FB or message Hell and she'll always reply quickly.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

----
    Last edited by Roz; 07-24-2015 at 04:54 AM.
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Haha typical Marcus chatting about things and ok hun, well maybe the more you go the more relaxed you'll feel? I remember being a little nervous the first few times I went and now I tend to hang around for an hour or so if they're not mad busy :p

Ooooh let us know how you get on if you go to TLC!!

I hope the piercing is healing up nice for you too <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks Hazel!

So on the first day I didn't SSS because I didn't have any sea salt back home. The second day I was tired from travelling so forgot and went to sleep. I did one on the 3rd day but measured it wrong and the sea salt has anti caking agents and is possibly iodized so I bought some Cornish Sea Salt from Amazon since it'll also be good for cooking. Should come tomorrow. I did do more soaks today (4th) even though I was weary of the salt since I felt it was better than nothing. I did two and managed to get all the crusty bits off gently. It did feel a bit stiff or kinda stuck (not sure how to describe it, maybe dry?) when I woke up this morning so the soaking helped it out.

Looking at it it looks completely fine. Not swollen, no redness that I can see. Let's hope it keeps it up and heals nicely.
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Sea salt came yesterday! I did one SSS then because I was at LFCC and didn't have time to do it in the morning.

Today I did one and when cleaning around the piercing after soaking I nearly knocked the damn retainer out. I used half a cotton pad dipped in the sea salt mix and put it in my nose to clean up any mess around the hole and on the retainer. I think I stuck it in too deep as I think when I pulled it out it pushed against the end of the retainer causing it to go through the hole. I almost panicked thinking it was fully out and would close up but luckily I managed to push it back in and up since it was still sitting in the hole.

There's no pain and it's not swollen or causing any issues so I'm hoping it'll be okay. I didn't ever want it to move since I've been good at keeping it flipped up and didn't want to aggravate the piercing and prolong healing. :( Gah.
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Just dip your nose in a shot glass of SSS no need to wipe it with anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Just dip your nose in a shot glass of SSS no need to wipe it with anything really.
    That's what I've been doing, but then I've been wiping too. D'oh! Guess I'm being too careful! I'll just do the SSS from now on. Thanks!
    Current Piercings:

Retired:

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    That's what I've been doing, but then I've been wiping too. D'oh! Guess I'm being too careful! I'll just do the SSS from now on. Thanks!
    No problem ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast