Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How bad is an industrial to heal and deal with once healed?

Default How bad is an industrial to heal and deal with once healed?

I really, really like industrials. Saw my piercer - whom I really trust - and she said I have great anatomy for it. But we also talked about how hard they can be to heal, that they can be hard to ever sleep on - once healed. I also wear glasses & she said that you really have to retrain yourself to think about how you take them off & on so as not to aggravate it.
    I decided against it - but still want it...gggrr!
    Thoughts on if they are a pain to deal with? Especially if you wear glasses all the time & I also have 5 small kids - so it may get bumped from time to time. Plus - eventually I want to be able to sleep on my pillow in a "normal" manner.
    Thanks!

I have an industrial and live with a 2 year old boy. It's actually been the easiest of my piercings to heal and it's been slept on with no issues since it was about 2 months old. it's never been affected by toddler smashes either. But as usual, your mileage will vary.

I've had my industrial over a year now and I mostly wear glasses (on the odd day I'll wear contacts) and have honestly found that it doesn't really come into contact with my industrial. Yes you can knock it, but you soon learn not to.

In terms of healing, I changed the bar to bioplast around 5-6 months after piercing as I find I heal a lot better with this rather than titanium, but I've only ever had a couple of bumps in the first few months but it has been golden since!

Sleeping on it is awkward at first but not impossible, but you can accommodate it (u shaped pillow, travel pillow, hair tied to one side if you can etc) until you feel comfortable sleeping on a normal pillow. I sleep on it every night now as I'm currently healing a daith on my right side, meaning I'm forcing myself to sleep on my left! I don't even feel it, unless I've slept really awkwardly but then it's nothing more than a dull ache.

I can't really say anyone has knocked it apart from my soon to be 3 year old nephew, you'll find ways of making sure ears wont be touched haha!
    Last edited by sweetpea; 07-07-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

DISCLAIMER: your experience may differ.

It's my favourite piercing by far, but it was the hardest to get in a remotely manageable position. This may have had to do with not having THE best anatomy for it. One half healed up fine, but the bottom half took four years to stop crusting and bleeding, and now it's migrated out far. As far as sleeping on it goes, that was fine after a few months, save for waking up with blood on my pillow sometimes. It didn't hurt so much eventually. Now, it's fine to sleep on.

As for glasses, I can imagine being careful during the initial healing would matter, but after it's healed, it's just another thing. Sometimes it gets in the way when wearing chunky sunglasses though.
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future

Retired:
    - Septum
    - Lip (left)
    - Nipple (right)

I don't have any issues with my glasses, and it healed pretty well... I have some cartilage thickening but nothing major

its been a year and depending on the jewelry I wear it is still sometimes uncomfortable to sleep on. It's not bad enough to inspire me to change the jewelry or sleeping position, but if you're a light sleeper then maybeeeee. Normal barbells are fine for me, it's the barbell with the pretty jewels and stuff on it that can be iffy
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

It may be fine and you'll feel healed in months.

It may be a nightmare and take nearly 2 years to heal.

Welcome to the world of cartilage piercings!

Seriously though, I'm jealous, I want one!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I drove 7.5 hrs to see my piercer & ended up talking myself out of it (happened before I posted this). Now I am having big time "piercer's regret". I want to post what I got instead - but can not figure out how to easily post a pic from my phone???

[IMG]20150707_133600.jpg[/IMG]
    Trying to post image....

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrazy View Post
    I drove 7.5 hrs to see my piercer & ended up talking myself out of it (happened before I posted this). Now I am having big time "piercer's regret". I want to post what I got instead - but can not figure out how to easily post a pic from my phone???
    Upload to a hosting site like imgur and post the link.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Upload to a hosting site like imgur and post the link.
    Ok - here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/paragonpier...type=1&theater

I like it - but still regret it not being an industrial. It was only 1 piercing - so I was think that in several months maybe get an industrial & just put a stud in the hole - & maybe it would "fit" in between the bar & my upper ear??
    Or do you like this look better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast