Thread: Nipple lumps, healing time :(

Thumbs down Nipple lumps, healing time :(

Hey! I'm new here and wanting some advice, please!

Ive had 3 piercings in my ear for a long time. 1 year ago I got two done at the same time, they took a little longer to heal and bruised, generally ok.

6 months later I got my right nipple pierced, healed ok until I got my left one done 3 months ago.

Right nipple plays up, painful with small lumps forming near the exit hole with some blood/discharge. Lasts a week goes away for a week and returns.

Left nipple generally ok, some soreness.

Also so noticed my ears have began playing up.

I I have plastic bars in my nipples and sterling silver in ears as I believed I was allergic to titanium.

Two very small lumps of skin (no discharge, no pain, just skin) formed directly under both nipples at the same time. They have been there for around a month now, hardly noticeable but they are to me!

I would add add pictures but I don't know how!

I I keep them incredibly clean, clothes are always clean, TCP regularly.

Just looking for for anyone had similar problems that could offer advice? Sorry for the length!

Livy

Nipples can take up to and over a year to heal.
    What "plastic" have you got in there?
    Titanium allergy is extremely rare, are you 100% sure you have one?
    Silver is dreadful for piercings and can cause permanent staining.
    Stop using TCP immediately it's too harsh and will cause no end of problems.
    How are you cleaning them?

My advice would be to see an excellent piercer, get them to fit you with high quality implant grade titanium, if you are completely sure you have a titanium allergy then consider niobium or possibly PTFE. Also get the piercer to assess if problems aren't caused by placement.

Here's how to add a photo, I've upped your post count so you can post a link.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Plastic bars from the piercing shop itself.
    Im almost certain. All piercings I have with titanium are incredibly painful and sore until I change them, and I also thought sterling silver was ideal for earrings? Used to be great for me...

what would you suggest as an alternative to tcp?

Did the shop not tell you what they're made from?
    Was the titanium you wore ASTM F-136 titanium? There's a difference between that and cheap steel coated with titanium.
    Why would sterling silver be good for piercings? It oxidises upon contact with air, it breaks down constantly and leaches gases and chemicals, in a piercing it's doing that directly into your body, not pleasant! As for the stains:

Your piercer should have told you how to care for your piercings. The options are usually as follows: sea salt soak made correctly 1-2 times a day for 5 mins, this can be done for the first week or few weeks and then brought down to whenever the piercing may need it, chamomile teabag compresses again mainly if a piercing is irritated, just leaving it alone - rinsing in the shower and letting air dry. There's no need to put harsh chemicals on a healing piercing.

If you're in the UK we can suggest a good piercer for you to go and see, if you're in the USA you can look on the APP website to see if there's an APP registered piercer near you.
    Last edited by Boo; 07-04-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I never asked what plastic they were made from. The plastic isn't the issue, they've been better after changing.
    I don't know which titanium, titanium bars from different piercing shops have had the same effect, well known reputable piercers too, I doubt they use cheep titanium.

Ive had sterling silver earrings since I was 8 and never had a single problem. Very expensive earrings are often sterling silver, of which I have many... :/

Quote Originally Posted by livyg View Post
    I never asked what plastic they were made from. The plastic isn't the issue, they've been better after changing.
    I don't know which titanium, titanium bars from different piercing shops have had the same effect, well known reputable piercers too, I doubt they use cheep titanium.

Ive had sterling silver earrings since I was 8 and never had a single problem. Very expensive earrings are often sterling silver, of which I have many... :/
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by livyg View Post

but there is a difference between having that in a healed piercing since you were 8 and having it in a fresh piercing. Just because something is very expensive does not make it good for your body.

You can also be allergic to different materials in different parts of the body, so the material does matter as if you are allergic to that too then that could be why you have bumps. You also develop a allergy even if you have been fine with it before, so you may have developed a nickle allergy.

Tcp is horrible for piercings. Sea Salt solution of just leaving them alone would be much better for you. I would probably just leave them alone and only wash them in the shower as cleaning them and moving them could be irritating them.

If you only believe you are allergic to titanium have you only ever tried it during the healing process?