Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inner conch diary or the art of trying not to mess an ear piercing up while sleeping.

Day 2 - Mon. June 22
    Didn't wake up in the middle of the night (yeyeyeyey )
    The piercing no longer hurts when I lift my eyebrows (THANK YOU UNIVERSE!) but did let out some clear fluid (I'm thinking lymph), which got pretty crusty during the day, but was cleaned away by the SSS I just did.
    The redness is pretty much gone, but it's still tender, as expected.

It's being quite a behaved piercing!
    Have: 2 lobes, 1 inner conch, 1 nostril
    Want: 1 lobe, 7 helixes, 1 tragus (please cooperate, tiny ear! )

Day 8 - Sat. June 28
    Unenventful until yesterday. I woke up with it kinda sore, it stayed sore throughout the day and (of course) I snagged some hair, which made it extra mad.

I spent the whole night feeling it throbbing and pulsating and getting super warm, but I didn't sleep at my place and had literally nothing to manage it with. So I woke up today and it was like, ultra swollen and red (see picture below Normal Ear vs Conch Ear; apologies for the terrible quality, my phone sucks) - the piercing barely had any space left in the front, and absolutelly no space left on the back.

Because it didn't ooze anything other than the usual lymph in the usual quantities, I assume it is just a random angry conch, I read frequently that they sometimes get super irritated. I took some ibuprofen and iced it all afternoon (with ice cold water in a soft bag, it's kind of a weird thing to explain, but it works) and it got so much better. No more pain

For now I am praying that it isn't rejecting (because I don't know for sure that this is just it getting mad at being snagged), cause I'd be super mad.

Mine swelled up a lot a few days in, I managed to get it hit by a car door o_O. I imagine it's just angry, it's only a week old, mine went up and down for a month or so swelling wise. I don't even know if conches can reject as they're so deep in the ear.
    2g lobes, 18g forward helix (L), 14g Conch (L), 16g Double helix (L) 14g Daith (R), and 18g right nostril. 16g Septum.
    2 hours of ink.
    Retired: Gunned 20g lobes many years ago, 16g Tragus, 18g third (L), 18g Forward helix (bottom of double)(L) 14g Philtrum x 2, 18g second (L).

Day 18 - Tue. July 8
    Moving houses = mad (MAD!) piercing + no internet connection.
    I don't know if this thread is of any use but until someone tells me otherwise (mods, feel free to tell me to shut up) I'll update this whenever something happens.

Anyways, I moved to another house and that means MUCH dust and putting so much pressure on the piercing (mostly from lifting boxes) - so I woke up on day 10 and I had this.

Also a LOT of throbbing, a lot of pain when moving and specially when lowering my head. I also had no salt (or I did have it, but it was in some box) not hot water (cause I only got gas and electricity on day 15 - things here move pretty slow, not fun at all). I managed with whatever I had in the house, which was saline. It cleared the ball of nastyness, but it kept filling up and the pain didn't go down.

So I got the powerful stuff I had in the house, because there is no way I'm gonna lose this piercing: every 15 minutes I'd rinse it with saline, then dab Betadine trying to avoid the piercing (as the worst downside of it is reacting to metal, but I assumed my situation was worse), then let it dry. Then repeat. So rinse-betadine-dry-repeat. Also 3 Ibuprofens a day.
    Surprisingly, it cleared perfectly after 2 days doing this. I do admit it's an overly aggressive treatment, but I consider myself to have a nice pain threshold and I was missing sleep.

Anyways, it's pretty nice now. The back crusts a lot, but nothing some SSS doesn't solve.
    For now, no pain, no discomfort, nothing
    I'll keep you guys updated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12