Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microdermal help! Bumps and redness

Default Microdermal help! Bumps and redness

Hi,

So I got my dermal done back in November and it healed okay but it's always had a red bump surrounding the entire anchor. My piercer uses a smaller anchor than the traditional chunky one and I've been spraying salty water on it three times a day. My piercer suggested taking the top off for two weeks and after a week nothing has changed. Can someone help please?!

Stop spraying it.

Can you post a photo?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

<FullSizeRender.jpg>

ill try hold on a second

no sorry i can't post a picture :(
    Last edited by Boo; 06-12-2015 at 10:06 PM. Reason: merged posts

Just upload it to imgur and post the link or c&p
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by Boo; 06-12-2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: merged posts

Ouch that looks sore! I'd make a hot dry compress (put some uncooked rice in a clean sock and heat in the microwave) and see if you can draw anything out of it.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

It actually doesn't hurt which is why I think it's not rejecting? Maybe? I'm a bit clueless haha but I'm currently trying the hot compress so fingers crossed

rejection doesn't hurt, its infection that would be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia66 View Post
    rejection doesn't hurt, its infection that would be painful.
    A rejecting MD can indeed hurt.

It could be a build up of sebum, gentle squeezing of the area may produce some after a hot, dry compress.

When my MD was rejecting it definitely hurt, I can tell you that!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast