Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Petition to ban ear piercings for babies

I wish they would ban this! Firstly, disgusting dirty evil gun! (Yuck!) My mum saw a baby the other week with ear-rings in and was horrified!

I really annoyed my poor Mum to have mine done when I was 11. It was with a gun before we knew better! It was awful so much pain. The whole experience was horrible - pain, allergy, surgical spirit washes (sting!) and your dad trying to get the butterfly backs off with pliers.

It took me until I was 37 to have my second lobes pierced - with a needle. It is just cruel seeing babies and young Un's with pierced ears. They can't look after them and will stick hands anywhere.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

I know it's quite an old topic but it drew my attention. My ears were never pierced before I asked for it, and decisively - I was seven or eight at that time. Having my ears not pierced shortly after birth and my mum being very clear on it meaning that any modifying should be my own decision was considered rather liberal at that time, since girls' ears were pierced - with the gun - shortly after birth.

Anyway I'm glad that I got to choose my piercings - then and now, and that my parents are very supportive with what I am doing with my body and my life.

Still, 35 years later, that parent attitude is considered quite liberal, oh well.
    A beginner really

Right ear: two lobes, helix and daith
    Left ear: three lobes and tragus
    Nose: septum

I know this is a very old thread. Though I have to say I don’t know about anyone else but mine were pierced at the hospital as a baby. I don’t know if hospitals still do this? Probably not?? I have no ill will about it because it was done at the hospital not in some mall shop like Claire’s. I’m actually happy I got it that young as my firsts are the most tolerant of them all.

I was lucky that someone at the hospital was knowledgeable to do it. But if I had a child I would most likely not have their ears pierced that young.
    Last edited by Mid; 07-28-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    Piercings
    Right Ear: 3 Lobe
    Left Ear: 3 Lobe, 3 Helix
    Nose: 1 Left Side
    Soon/Want to Get:
    Right
    Ear: 4th Lobe, 1 Helix, maybe a Daith or Tragus

In the UK it's never been a done thing to get them done in the hospital. I guess it would depend on the country/culture.

I see in the UK that Superdrug and Accessorise now do gun piercings so that's two more shops to boycott. Sad as I really liked Superdrug.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Shocked to hear about Superdrug Boo. Many moons ago they used to pierce ears at one of our Doctors Surgery’s! Must have been around 40 odd years ago though.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

It's been going on for a year, they use the gun on noses as well, sigh. Yeah some pharmacys and looooooads of hairdressers and jewellery shops around here used to do it 30 years or so ago.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got my first lobes done on my 5th birthday in a hairdressers. I don't remember much apart from screaming the entire time!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MxSherwood89 View Post
    I got my first lobes done on my 5th birthday in a hairdressers. I don't remember much apart from screaming the entire time!
    Aww no :(

I got my firsts done at 12 in a jewellery shop, can't really remember much tbh. My mum wouldn't let us get them any younger.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234