Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Horse Breeds?

That's too bad. There's one down the road from me named Oscar (best fjord name EVER!) and I love him. They are such little tanks... They're dinosaur ponies! I want one some day.

I've got it all planned out. I'll have my palomino paint mare for me to show in western pleasure and mess around with, my significant other will have a sturdy dependable QH gelding they will likely never ride so he'll be a pasture ornament, and I'll have a Fjord for my kids! And a couple of minis. And likely a zebra.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Hahaha a friend said the other day she wants a zebra, I wonder if they'd ever let us keep those?
    Your mini horses in the USA are AWESOME, ours just look like grumpy fat ponies. They never keep the sleek horse shape, they all end up fluffy, fat and grumpy.

My old boss had a appy coloured pony for her daughter, never actually put a foot wrong but the LOOKS she would give you! Looked like she was plotting a mass murder! She HATED adults, and barely tolerated kids, she would bite if you weren't looking and were standing too close, but never the kids. Devil to catch too, had to keep her in a small yard and pretend you weren't interested in her. They kept a halter with a short rope on her and only the littlest could catch her.
    Worst gaits ever, if I was gonna get a horse for my kids I'd get them at least a welsh C or a arabian riding pony. Then they could work towards getting a bigger horse of their own if they wanted one, after learning how to look after and ride the smaller one.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Haha well miniature horses, yes, are gorgeous. Miniature ponies are fat and grumpy. Little known fact that they are two different breeds. The ponies are way easier to keep, but the horses are nicer and have a better work ethic.

I love ponies like that. They really teach the kids about horse behavior without hurting them. Last time I got thrown was a 12.2hh POA mare... I got on, went a quarter of the way around the ring, and I was on the ground. She then patiently sat there with her bridle hanging from her nose for a good half hour while I cried about the terrible day I was having (I was like, 14, and a bit dramatic). I'm still kind of embarrassed by that fall. I need to do something legendary now to make up for it. But I want my kids first pony to be like that. Kind and dependable, but not afraid to take them down a notch if they get cocky
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Hahaahha, your poor 14-yr-old self!

We have what appear to be a mix, there are people who supposedly breed "American Miniature/Shetland Horses" and their youngsters and stallions look the goods, but half the mares are dumpy looking, big headed, pony shaped creatures, so I don't know if they truly are mini horses and they're way out of condition or bad lines, or they're just ripping people off?

I know we have Shetland ponies, but they're not my cup of tea, I like my equines well proportioned and not fat or grumpy haha
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos:

Hahahaha! The American Shetland isn't fat! Grumpy, but that's a side effect of having a big ego and a little body. My friend has one that I play with sometimes... I'll find a photo of us hold on

I don't know anything about horses but I really like chunky horses, like clydesdales.

I also really enjoyed meeting Icelandic horses on my holiday. They are such tough little beasts, and very friendly despite being kept relatively wild.

This one let me kiss him

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

I could touch the ground if I stretched, and I could wrap my legs around at tap my toes together under her belly lol. We laughed that I could enter a costume contest as Legolas and Bob the pony

They do get a little chubby in Aus, maybe it's only after a couple of foals. I was looking in depth at all the studs I could find here because I wanted an easy keep, low impact companion for my horse, instead of buying two full size horses at once. Pretty sure it was only one stud that I immediately thought to steer clear of.
    I know the Shetland poniesget fat here, and tend to have bad temperaments, but I don't believe I've ever met a miniature horse before, so no way to tell really.

I LOVE this sort of mini, that's just like a tiny replica of an Arabian!

(pic courtesy of Shangrila Miniature Horses)
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos:

We have a Shetland for my little sister as a lead rein, she loves him, but he's the most stubborn, arrogant pony going apart from with her. My old horse was a cob who was a gentle giant.

I must admit I have a liking for Shire horses. When I rode as a student the stables had a wonderful shire called Paddy. Absolutely enormous of course, but rode well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast