Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the bump on my Tragus?? Hypertrophic/keloid??

Quote Originally Posted by iambeezer View Post
    I'm not sure where she lives but here in America Drs will test everything. They will do 500 things before stating the obvious. It's all about the high insurance money here.
    Yup, I do assume she lives over there.

Still it's pretty obvious what caused the granuloma, hopefully it will help someone else reading this to realise.

In all honesty just removing the ring could have seen it settle down but I appreciate they're in it for the money over there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

She did use American dating conventions. And yeah, derms especially will test ANYTHING. And over prescribe.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    She did use American dating conventions. And yeah, derms especially will test ANYTHING. And over prescribe.
    So I've heard!

Also over here if you wanted to see a derm on the NHS she'd have been waiting weeks lol! Over here you see your GP they'd tell you to take the ring out, put some cream on it and wait ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ exactly. I've been referred to dermatology for an abnormal mole on my face, I waited 2 weeks for a letter to tell me I'm on the waiting list :/
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I have good insurance so I don't need referrals but back when I did they were quick, depending. I waited a month to get in for acne, but only two days for an abnormal mole. I got mad though because when I went in for my mole the derm looked at me and said "we're talking about acne right?" Um... No... That was insulting. I wasn't that broken out.

American medicine on the whole is a mess. One time I had an infected blister on my toe so I went to university student health and they put me on oral antibiotics for two weeks... Then when I needed surgery on my hand I went to five surgeons who couldn't make up they're minds... The last one sent me to another guy in another state for a second opinion, which was expensive and took forever, then decided to "respectfully disagree" and do what he originally was going to anyways... Oh the stories of the abuse of medicine I could tell! That time I hit my head and didn't black or but still got an MRI a month later... That time I was in the ER for a medication reaction and I got a lung CAT scan in case of blood clots at age 12...
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I have both tragus' pierced and i'd say that's a keloid
    Definitely go and check this with your piercer or doctor! x

Quote Originally Posted by missmarvelx View Post
    I have both tragus' pierced and i'd say that's a keloid
    Definitely go and check this with your piercer or doctor! x
    They've already seen a dermatologist, please read threads before commenting, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12