Thread: Can I get these piercings together?

Default Can I get these piercings together?

I want to get my conch and double forward helix done on my right ear and my tragus of my left ear. Can I get all three done at once? Is it reccomended?
    For a conch piercing, if I get it pierced with a bar/stud, can I switch to a hoop later? And do I have to buy a certain kind?
    What is a good price for these?

Note: I currently have double lobes on both sides and double helix on the left.

Rule of thumb is three stabbings in three months. So, you could do 3 out of the 4 you listed there in one sitting (double still counts as two piercings). Also don't forget, when piercing both ears at once, how you're going to sleep.

Yes, it is best to get the conch done with a bar and buy the ring later. Any type of captive bead ring, segment ring, bend to fit, etc would work. The price is going to range a lot, depending on manufacturer, material, gems, style, sales, store, etc...
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

It's best to only have 3 healing at once so I'd get the 3 on your right ear and if they're going well a few months down the line get the tragus on your left.

Yes you can switch to a ring once it's fully healed. As for type, one that fits you preferably.

Price for the piercings? Depends on where you live, what country, what people charge around there, what jewellery they use, what aftercare they provide etc.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Most advised is 3 at any time but I had two done on my ear at the same time once and the healing time was so much longer and it would have probably been easier to have them done separately.
    Prices can range so have a look at local places and which one you like the most and find to be the cleanest and best value for money

3 at a time as advised, I would also say that you've chosen some very painful piercings so depending on your pain tolerance, I would use that to help consider which piercings you get.

the piercer I go to charges 20 per piercing, it's recommended a titanium labret is used. Don't skimp out on cheap over quality - a good piercing studio won't be ridiculously over priced and will provide good quality jewellery in a clean, sterile environment. Your piercer will also be able to tell you if you're suited to the piercings - not everyone is suited anatomically to forward helix piercings, and a piercer would have the best advice as to what suits you and should be able to answer any questions.

In my experience, my forward helix has been my most painful so far, and for that reason I would say either get the double helix OR the conch, and not both. However, it's different for everyone and you may well be able to tolerate the pain of all three.

I would get either your right ear or your left ear done, not both, and do the other one later to make it easier for sleeping, and the other done when the ear has healed more
    have:
    2x forward helix (right)
    1x rook (right)
    2x lobes (right & left)
    navel
    nose (right)

want:
    conch (right)
    upper conch (right)
    snug (right)
    vertical industrial (right)
    third lobes (right & left)

Quote Originally Posted by darkbay View Post
    However, it's different for everyone and you may well be able to tolerate the pain of all three.
    You use the word tolerate in ignorance, pain is too personal to use as a variable to advise reconsideration of a piercing. What a person can or cannot "tolerate" is irrelevant if the level of sensation of pain they feel from a wound identical to another's wound is different, that is to say, your statement holds no water unless you can prove two people have identical sensory responses before you take tolerating (conscious) into factor.

Put another way, people experience pain differently for identical injury. People's "tolerance" as you put it, also different, that's two factors, you cannot compare the tolerance of two people to pain without first proving their sensation to be identical.

It's no good comparison if person A can tolerate agony at 8/10, and person B can tolerate agony at 4/10 and say person B is tolerating it better is it - that assuming they both experience pain the same (this is not supposed to make sense).

Quote Originally Posted by darkbay View Post
    I would get either your right ear or your left ear done, not both, and do the other one later to make it easier for sleeping, and the other done when the ear has healed more
    Agree completely!

I did this, got one side done fully intending to get the other.
    Last edited by Mk1; 05-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Semantics aside, it's misleading to tell someone they're considering "very painful" piercings.

I've been pierced over 40 times, I wouldn't saying anything I've had done was "very painful".

It may be the case that someone finds piercings very painful but that's a personal thing, I found being in a car accident very painful, I found childbirth very painful, I found a post-op wound to be painful. A piercing is a quick, split short sharp pain and done. Stubbing my toe hurts WAY more.

Just like the ?/10. I'd put childbirth at around 8/10. At 10 you'd be passing out as the body shuts down during insane amounts of pain. A piercing wouldn't even register on an out of 10 scale.

So yeah, OP sod the pain, go to someone good and any piercing will literally be over and done in a few seconds with a quick pain and all done ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Just like the ?/10. I'd put childbirth at around 8/10. At 10 you'd be passing out as the body shuts down during insane amounts of pain. A piercing wouldn't even register on an out of 10 scale.
    I've never actually understood the out of 10 pain scale, I used it above because other's apparently do, but in my mind it should be 10 is the most painful experience you have ever had, in which case I would say my conch piercing was 10/10 pain - it was the most painful experience of my life (for all of 10 seconds), but I wouldn't describe it as actually being particularly painful. Certainly wouldnt put me off doing it again.

Hazel, perhaps a short sticky on the 'inefficacy of contriving to compare relative pain levels between people and their piercings' like you other wonderful guides, is in order here?

(just the actual piercing that is, I do think there is merit in discourse on the pain of piercings which are hard or long healers.)
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1 View Post
    I've never actually understood the out of 10 pain scale, I used it above because other's apparently do, but in my mind it should be 10 is the most painful experience you have ever had, in which case I would say my conch piercing was 10/10 pain - it was the most painful experience of my life (for all of 10 seconds), but I wouldn't describe it as actually being particularly painful. Certainly wouldnt put me off doing it again.

Hazel, perhaps a short sticky on the 'inefficacy of contriving to compare relative pain levels between people and their piercings' like you other wonderful guides, is in order here?

(just the actual piercing that is, I do think there is merit in discourse on the pain of piercings which are hard or long healers.)
    It doesn't need a guide IMO it just needs common sense really. It's why we close down any pain rating threads.