Thread: How long until a granuloma is healed?

Default How long until a granuloma is healed?

Right. So as at least some of you must remember, after developing a granuloma on my right sidelip piercing, I took the ring out.
    It has been almost 2 months since then (was in early March, about 7 - 8 weeks ago), and now I want to get it pierced again.
    However, I still have this little "scar tissue dot" on my inner lip, where the granuloma was.
    I doubt it's safe to pierce when that's still there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it really the remnants of my old granuloma, or is it genuine scar tissue that's safe to pierce?

If it still is part of the granuloma, how long does it take to fully heal?

It was much bigger 2 months ago when I took the ring out, now it's very small, but doesn't seem to get any smaller.

Would it be safe for me to go get it pierced next week?

Go see a piercer they can physically assess you and let you know.

It's just scar tissue, you can break it down more by massaging it daily.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Will try, thanks.

The thing is, when I just removed it, it felt like this tissue was wide, and went through the entire piercing. I could pinch my lip and feel it very significantly, it was big.

Yep that's the fistula that formed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hope you feel better!