Thread: Hypertrophic scarring or something else?

Default Hypertrophic scarring or something else?

Hello,

I have the notorious piercing bump after catching my nose screw and yanking it halfway up my nose. Twice. It was fine the first time but the second time, I developed a bump. It was in the healing window when this happened and healing absolutely fine too. Now there's this monster on my snout. What makes me unsure of whether it's hypertrophic scarring is that it seems a bit white in areas, like it's filled with something. I wondered though maybe it's just where the skin is so stretched? On top of that it seems to go through phases where it shrinks a little or it gets even bigger/more pointy looking and the whitish parts are visible. It's hard and scabby to the touch, a bit sensitive/stingy when I do. It has itched now and then. I don't feel unwell and there's no nasty discharge that would make me think it's infected but there has been white lymph here and there. It's not painful when left alone. I'm doing SSS with chamomile twice a day for 10 minutes and LITHA. I'm not wearing any makeup. I have a bioflex nose screw and was pierced with 16g.

I did have a granuloma on my ear when had it pierced back last summer as a consequence of trauma, but it wasn't like this. It was soft and fluid filled. I don't recall it cycling through different phases either but then it was out of sight so almost out of mind. I would go to see my piercer but he's 2 hours away and I'm very run down right now and don't fancy navigating a bunch of public transport so thought I'd ask here first.

I'm going to give it 2 weeks on the C/SSS to see if it makes any difference, if not I'll try other things recommended on Body Poetry.

As you can see it looks pretty scary. Honestly, I'm absolutely gutted about it all right now and it doesn't help where it's right on my face! I want to put a brown bag over my head.

Turns out it's not hypertrophic scarring but a boil. It looked like giant spot this morning and the SSS helped draw some gunk out. Gross but I'm kinda glad too as it means it should clear up faster hopefully. Reading about the hypertrophic scarring was giving me nightmares on how long it would take to clear up!

This is why googling symptoms is not a good idea, it just makes you think its something terrible when normally its something simple.

Hope it clears up well for you!

I get the same thing, on schedule every two weeks for some reason. Eventually it pops, bleeds A LOT, then goes away. Then on schedule, it comes back and goes away. It happens every other Wednesday, why i do not know lol.

I have a piercing bump on my nose that looks extremely similar... Fluid filled (mine is pus) and can grow to nasty sizes in cycles, like yours. Mine still hasn't been solved either, so I am curious to see what people say regarding yours!