Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are tragus piercings worth it?

Default Are tragus piercings worth it?

I've always liked how they look...but I'm terrified of the pain and healing process...how bad is it?

Here's a picture of my ear. Would I make a good candidate for the tragus piercing?

http://imgur.com/RWoubYs

Like any piercing there's no significant pain, it's over in a few seconds. Healing can be a little tricky and long winded but I love all 3 of mine

Your ear is fine for it. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not. It's nothing bad at all ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think mine was worth it. The piercing pain isn't tooo bad. Healing is a little annoying. Whether or not it's worth it to you depends on what you consider worth it to be. :P is it worth a sharp pinch initially and possible annoyances for up to a year ? I say yes.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    I think mine was worth it. The piercing pain isn't tooo bad. Healing is a little annoying. Whether or not it's worth it to you depends on what you consider worth it to be. :P is it worth a sharp pinch initially and possible annoyances for up to a year ? I say yes.
    Annoyances for up to a year?? How long does it take to heal?

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Mine took around a year to be happy too but I did have a few bumps to it making it unhappy. It is relatively straight forward though. If you like it and want it, go for it
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

I'd personally give my tragus a 3/10 on a pain scale. My healing process wasn't too bad either, though I did encounter a nasty bump a couple months after getting it pierced but it cleared up after a few weeks. You should definitely get it done, it's one of my favourite piercings

I've had mine a year and a half
    It annoys me sometimes because my tragus is so small so the piercing moves all the time. It gets aggravated loads if you put your headphones in ( don't know if that if just mine or not??)
    Mine hurt a lot but it does look cute i am considering removing it though

I have two piercings in my right tragus. They weren't all that painful to pierce and I found wearing ear buds a breeze within a couplets weeks of having them done. They are still healing, but since its cartilage I'm not rushing them. They've been totally uneventful as far as the healing is concerned and I love them.

I have 3 of them and honestly it's really not at all bad, just aches to sleep on that side for a while
    4 x standard lobes, 1 x nostril, 1 x left helix, 2 x right helix 1 x navel, 1 x nipple
    Considering getting my lip pierced in the very near future
    4 tatts

Quote Originally Posted by Wassat View Post
    I have 3 of them and honestly it's really not at all bad, just aches to sleep on that side for a while
    I have 3 too! You need to add them to your sig ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast