Thread: Cyst in earlobe

Default Cyst in earlobe

Hey everyone.

I've been stretching my ears for the better part of half a year now, and I've been at 4mm for about 3 weeks. I realised when I took my tunnels out to clean them the other day that I have a lump on the inside of my earlobe. It isn't visible at all externally, there is not discoloration, no discharge, no swelling; just a hard ball on the inside of my lobe. It's not painful unless squeezed, and it's about half a centimeter above the actual piercing. All of these signs would lead me to believe that this is a cyst. I haven't had a professional diagnosis, but I'm planning on getting one at the next opportunity I have. The cyst itself is very small, probably peasized if not smaller.

Will the cyst hinder my ear stretching, what treatments can I do at home and has anybody else had this before?
    Piercings: 3mm left lobe, 3mm right lobe, left nostril piercing.
    Tattoos: Hipster skull on right lower leg.

I actually think these are normal. When I started stretching my lobes, I got these lumps right beside the holes, they weren't painful, just kind of 'there' and they've gone now after about 6 weeks of daily oil massages.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed