Thread: Bothersome Nostril Piercing

Default Bothersome Nostril Piercing

Hello everyone!
    My nose is my seventh piercing, and I got it in August of 2014. I have no idea on an exact date, but I know it was August for certain.
    All of the other piercings that I have are in my ears, and for two of them, I went through an awful time healing them. I was about.. a year and a half maybe?

So I'm not really super new to the healing process, and I did have a difficult time. I just find that my nose is SO picky! It could be completely healed up, I'll bump it or scratch around it, and it just swells, and a bump finds the side of it and I'm starting to get fed up.

I kind of want to keep it, because I love the way it looks, but I'm so annoyed. I hate it looking all red and gross.

Do any of you have any suggestions of what I can do? I'm strongly debating on healing it up once last time, then taking it out and retiring it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

How was it pierced?
    What jewellery do you have in it?
    What's the jewellery made from?
    Do you put anything on it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It was stupidly pierced with a gun. I have a gold-metal L-shaped nose ring. So far I've found that I'm allergic to almost metals with the exclusion of gold.
    I do sea-salt soaks about twice a week, especially when it gets all temperamental like now.

Go to a good piercer and get them to assess you in person, the trauma from having it done with a gun won't be helping. Get them to fit you with better jewellery like a titanium screw or mini labret if they think it can be kept.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Anytime I ever get the bump or irritated I use Provon soap in the morning and night and SSS in the afternoon and it's ll gone in less than 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Go to a good piercer and get them to assess you in person, the trauma from having it done with a gun won't be helping. Get them to fit you with better jewellery like a titanium screw or mini labret if they think it can be kept.
    Sorry about the late replies, Gods I'm awful at this.

The closest place that we have here repeatedly tells me that stainless steel (which I've been unable to wear for the entirety of my life) and titanium are the exact same thing.

Would it be better to just keep trying sea salt soaks until I can make a trip to a better piercer, or to just take it out? It seems to have calmed down a bit since this post, but at the same time I'm scared it's going to happen again.

Don't be sorry!

As long as it's not embedding or anything then you could wait until you can get to a better piercer.

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Don't be sorry!

As long as it's not embedding or anything then you could wait until you can get to a better piercer.

Where do you live?
    It's not, and I can move it around and take it out, so thanks!

I live in New Brunswick, Canada.

See if there's an APP registered piercer near you. You can search on the safepiercing website.

Just barging in here!! I had my nose done around 10 years ago now, and it did take a good few years before it was completely done with the healing process, I went through several period of having a giant inflames sore itchy nose! But it's completely fine now, had the ring yanked by my kids on many an occasion and never causes and ill effects!
    4 x standard lobes, 1 x nostril, 1 x left helix, 2 x right helix 1 x navel, 1 x nipple
    Considering getting my lip pierced in the very near future
    4 tatts