Thread: Ear cartilage huge keloid

Default Ear cartilage huge keloid

Hello,

Has anyone undergone surgery to remove a big keloid from the ear?
    If so any advice such as pain, healing, where to get this done etc

Many thanks!
    Current: 8 x Lobe, Navel, Scaffold, Rook, Foward Helix, Tragus, Nostril, VCH, Microdermal - lower navel
    Retired: 2 x Cartilage, Reverse Navel

14 x Tattoos

.+*☾ ♡ kawaiikitty92.tumblr.com ♡ ☽*+.
    Check it out ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiekitty92 View Post
    Hello,

Has anyone undergone surgery to remove a big keloid from the ear?
    If so any advice such as pain, healing, where to get this done etc

Many thanks!
    As you're in the UK go see your doctor.

Has it been diagnosed as a keloid?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've been to see my GP and they tried for a referral and it got rejected as its classed as cosmetic.... and yes they told me it was a keloid it is very large now and my ear is sandwiched between it
    Current: 8 x Lobe, Navel, Scaffold, Rook, Foward Helix, Tragus, Nostril, VCH, Microdermal - lower navel

14 x Tattoos

Check it out ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiekitty92 View Post
    I've been to see my GP and they tried for a referral and it got rejected as its classed as cosmetic.... and yes they told me it was a keloid it is very large now and my ear is sandwiched between it
    Thanks, has it grown since you have been to see them? You can ask for another referral especially if it's causing problems now.

I would suggest seeing a dermatologist to find out what your options are. Do remember though that genuine keloids often just grow back.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for the advice Hazel, I have put it with it for years now and I feel its time to do something about it. I'll try and upload pics if I can, I looked into seeing a private consultant and that alone is over 100! And then surgery will be around the regions of 1000

14 x Tattoos

Check it out ^-^

Yeah, it's not cheap, especially when you consider it could come back :(

I have a huge keloid on my cartilage too and am not looking forward to seeing a doctor if I can't get it to go away on my own!