Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two questions about ear piercing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two questions about ear piercing

I am interested in the answers to two questions about ear piercing:
    1. How long do pierced ears take to heal once pierced?
    2. Once ears are pierced are they so permanently? as in if you remove an ear piercing the hole won't heal and you can put jewellery back in whenever you want.

Thanks
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

To fully heal:
    Lobes- 6-8 weeks approximately
    Cartilage piercings up to 18 months

Piercings are not permanent if removed, the hole will shrink so you cannot get jewellery in anymore, but it really can depend, my first lobes will never heal, I can have nothing in them or as long as I want and they don't change. Punching or stretching your ear to a certain size is when it becomes permanent. Note that retired piercings can leave scar tissue (usually minimal) which is permanent.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Yeah. I could leave my loves out for years and still be able to use them (my mom once put an earring in hers after 15 years!) but my cartilage would be closed in a couple days.

However, they technically don't "close" all the way. There is still a tunnel of flesh, but it almost touches, within micrometers. So you can theoretically reopen it instead of repiercing it.

And then healing time depends on the care of the piercing. If you use a gun and stainless steel jewlery, it's going to be a lot longer than if you went to a piercer, who used a sterile needle and a titanium barbell
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I rarely wear anything in my lobes but I know the holes haven't healed over, in occasionally put some in with no issues, same with my cartilage, I often lose the damn bars and forget or just don't bother to buy more, but I have gone months with no jewellery before without healing over
    4 x standard lobes, 1 x nostril, 1 x left helix, 2 x right helix 1 x navel, 1 x nipple
    Considering getting my lip pierced in the very near future
    4 tatts

Once you have your lobes pierced for awhile, they're pretty much permanent. I had mine pierced when I was like 2 or 3 and I didn't really wear earrings consistently when I was in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by sydsm View Post
    Once you have your lobes pierced for awhile, they're pretty much permanent. I had mine pierced when I was like 2 or 3 and I didn't really wear earrings consistently when I was in high school.
    This is not true for everyone.

i have had mine done about 15 years ago ad wear earrings constantly. If i left them out for a day they would close.

I found the lobe healing times varied drastically depending on where it was pierced. My 4th lobe piercings took much longer than the 3rd for example. The 1st were a nightmare but I think that was due to the gunning procedure and uncomfortable studs.
    ~ Zee ~

Left: 4 x lobe, 1st lobe stretched to 8mm, 1 x helix
    Right: 4 x lobe, 1st lobe stretched to 8mm, industrial
    Other: Septum
    Retired: Labret, outer cartilage and one badly placed lobe (re-pierced properly)
    Want:2nd helix (L), forward helix (R), daith (?), conch (L), 10mm lobes and more tattoos

My first lobe piercings took way longer to heal than my second and third, but it can be different for everyone. It should only take around 6-8 weeks. My second holes have a habit of partially closing up if I do not have anything in them for a while, so no they are not permanent but my first holes have never closed up so it can depend on you as an individual

My first lobe piercings healed so fast, they healed within 5 weeks crazy I know! Now my other two lobe piercings didn't heal as quickly. They actually got infected :/ I had to get them pierced again a year later, sigh.

I had my lobes healed in about a month and now I could take the jewelry out for weeks without them closing if I really wanted to. But as someone else mentioned, it really depends on the person. As long as you're taking good care of the new piercing you should be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast