Thread: Scaffold / Industrial Experience

Default Scaffold / Industrial Experience

Hey! I just got a scaffold / industrial two weeks ago and I thought I would write a quick experience here for anybody who is interested.

I got the piercing at a studio in Cardiff, after wanting it for a long time. To be honest the experience as fantastic and there's not much to tell! I was cleaned up, dots were drawn to find my ideal placement and then it was crunch time (literally). I led down on the bench and *deep breath in* the first hole was done (the bottom one)... a second's break, and then *deep breath in* the second hole was done. The pain wasn't too bad, obviously I DID NOT have it numbed, never do that, especially on your ears! Keep that in mind if you are new to piercings - if they offer to numb it, just say no. The top piercing sucked more than the bottom one. Finally, a final deep breath in and the jewellery was in. I was in and out within five minutes. Afterwards, the piercing just felt extremely hot and achey. A couple of hours later I took an ibuprofen to help with the swelling. It is now two weeks on and it still gets sore occasionally, but it is to be expected. Two SSS a day and at the moment it has been a joy!

Here it is:

I will keep this updated if I have any problems. In about 12-14 weeks I'll get the bar changed (this one catches ON EVERYTHING)

Thanks for reading!
    Piercings;
    Left ear: 2x lobes, 1x Helix 1.6mm, 1x Tragus 1.2mm
    Right ear: 2x lobes, Rook 1.6mm, Scaffold 1.6mm
    Other; Navel 1.6mm, Left Nipple 1.6mm

Tattoos;
    Claddagh Symbol on back of neck, 'Not all those who wander are lost' on right foot
    Rose and ink splatter thigh piece, Origami crane calf piece, Splatter LIE/TV calf piece
    Removals;
    'Raison d'etre' and love bird on left wrist, 'Memento mori' and love bird on right wrist

Next planned: Snug Piercing

Looks great. I've had mine Industrial about 14-15 months now. It's completely healed. When I got mine it was initially pierced with a 2 inch bar.. and my ear is 1 inch! I feel your pain. I have waist length hair and it would get caught and wrapped around. I had to be super careful putting on shirts, brushing my hair, shampooing. I can actually sleep on the piercing now. It isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but it's bearable. I still think it's one of my favorite piercings. The healing process for them is long and it will have it's days. I hope all goes well with it for you. It can be annoying at times, especially during the healing process but it is definitely worth it. =)
    Current:
    1st, 2nd & 3rd Lobes
    Industrial Bar (R)
    Nostril (L)
    Tongue
    Horizontal Nipples (L&R)
    Rook (L)
    Conch (L)
    Navel
    Inverse Navel
    Retired:
    Navel
    Inverse Navel

Wish List:
    4th Lobes
    Septum
    Daith (R)
    Forward Helix (R)
    Midway (L)
    Tragus (L)
    Hip (Surface or Microdermals)
    VCH &/or HCH

You can change sooner if you want. 6-8 weeks is reasonable, especially if you have the piercer do it. I changed mine at 6 weeks
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

I had mine changed around 7 weeks by my piercer too. I looked like I had an antenna haha
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I'm jealous! Happy healing
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

This looks sooo good! I'm really looking forwards to getting mine done now Just waiting for a couple of my others to heal up and settle down!

Quote Originally Posted by bratbassist View Post
    if they offer to numb it, just say no.
    I second this. It gave my friend a nasty chemical burn!
    left ear: 14mm lobe, helix & tragus
    right ear: 14mm lobe, rook & conch
    elsewhere: nostril, nipples & 2 tattoos