Thread: downsize or leave it be?

Default downsize or leave it be?

Friday I got an inner Conch piercing in my left ear. The piercing itself went great. The piercer was very quick and it didn't hurt very badly at all. Here's the issue I'm having though: The bar the piercer used is so long it sticks out past the shell of my ear, so I bump it quite a bit. If I don't bump it doesn't hurt at all and the pain fades fairly quickly after it's bumped. It does hurt like hell when bumped though. So I'm wondering if I should go back to the piercer and downsize it or if I should just leave it as is and be extra careful?

Might be worth having a professional downsize it for you. Too early to do it yourself
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Ummm... I'm not planning on changing it myself. I asked if I should go to the piercer and have it downsized or leave it as is until it's healed more. It's getting bumped quite a bit compared to my other conch. I wasn't sure if the setback in healing having the piercer change it out for something smaller would cause out weighed the pain of bumping it several times a day or if it's so new at this point it wouldn’t make a difference.

How long have you had it?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Since Friday so 4 days.

Yeah I said it might be worth doing. It's pretty early and it really doesn't set back healing that much if they're competent
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

I would be wary of changing it this early as you still might swell. Unless we are talking a ridiculous amount sticking out?

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

The bar sticks out far enough that the whole ball is passed the shell of my ear. I've a conch piercing before, done with a shorter bar at the same time as my rook done and, while it did swell, it was never enough that the bar was too short. I'm also taking Ibuprofen regularly to help with the swelling.

If you're not happy with the bar, go see your piercer. They can assess you in person.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    If you're not happy with the bar, go see your piercer. They can assess you in person.
    This. Its near impossible without seeing it.

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.