Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Did You Retire Your Piercing?

The only thing I had to retire was my second left love piercing. Despite being pierced by a needle and the right one being fine, after four weeks it became infected. I do mean a proper infection, swelling so much that the front of the titainuim stud was embedding as well as the back. So hot and sore without touching it. I took out the stud and the pus and blood just ran out. Sorry for being graphic :-/
    I cleaned it and got a new, sterile titainium labret to reinsert. I couldn't get the labret through the back of the piercing. I think it was slightly wonky and had already started to close. I just left it to heal, massaged it with bio oil and had it repierced several months later.

I retired most of my ear ones due to work. Although my tight tragus just never healed and my left rook became horrendously infected and never settled down ever so I just removed it.

Retired my tongue and web when I had my wisdom teeth removed, but had my web repierced a couple of months later. Couldn't spare the time to heal my tongue again, I really miss it though.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Tongue wasn't my most favourite to heal. Don't blame you for not going back, haha! Its a shame you had to retire it when you liked it so much :( I'm hoping I'll be able to get away with retainers when I go in for surgery...
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

I recently retired 3 piercings basically at the same time!

Snug- I retired my snug because I missed sleeping on that side of my head, cuddling with my girlfriend was always a struggle, and it never looked happy. It would look happy when I first got out of the shower, but quickly would become dry and swelled. It was not very old, but I just got tired of the pain to be honest.

Double Helix- The plan at first was to remove just the bottom one because it was constantly irritated and was extremely crooked. I then quickly decided that the top helix was way too high and looked awful by itself so I also retired that.

Rook- I was not happy with the placement, and I am re-arranging my ears so I wish to get my other rook done instead. I have grown to fancy the look of rook and conch combos.

None of these piercings made it a year, so were also never given the full amount of time to heal but I am so much happier with my decision. When I turned 18 last summer, I got way too excited and in result got too many piercings in the 10 month time frame. This was my own stupidity and I know better now, it's no wonder nothing healed!
    .::Piercings::.

Left ear: lobe, conch. [Want: rook]

Right ear: lobe, tragus, helix. [Want: daith]

Other: nostril. [Want: navel, septum, nipples??]

Retired: helix x3, snug, rook, septum, inverted navel, standard navel, anti-tragus.

**8 Tattoos** [Want: many more!]

Replying to Julian's post of 30th January.
    It seems to me that the medical staff at your hospital were insufficiently informed or simply disapproved of piercings in general (I suspect we've all come across the latter).
    I had an MRI scan at St. George's, Tooting, last December. I mentioned my stainless steel genital piercings before the scan and was told that it was alright to leave them in.
    BTW, I loved the scan itself. It felt like dying and going to heaven.
    Last edited by cjsuk1; 04-04-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsuk1 View Post
    Replying to Julian's post of 30th January.
    It seems to me that the medical staff at your hospital were insufficiently informed or simply disapproved of piercings in general (I suspect we've all come across the latter).
    I had an MRI scan at St. George's, Tooting, last December. I mentioned my stainless steel genital piercings before the scan and was told that it was alright to leave them in.
    BTW, I loved the scan itself. It felt like dying and going to heaven.
    It's down to each hospital and what's being scanned etc

You loved it? I HATED mine. Having to lie perfectly still for 40 mins then 45 mins right after with all that noise and being fully encased in the thing? No thanks.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Had to retire my conch after having it for two days as I realised it was very wonky and the back of the bar was rubbing on my head causing a sore spot, it healed lovely within about three days, you can't even tell I had it. I'm going to get it redone for my birthday along with my outer conch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's down to each hospital and what's being scanned etc

You loved it? I HATED mine. Having to lie perfectly still for 40 mins then 45 mins right after with all that noise and being fully encased in the thing? No thanks.
    Exactly - and especially difficult if your leg is (a) at a funny angle, and (b) you are told to keep it away from the scanner wall

I suspect there is an element of medics disliking piercings, but I can see the argument for ensuring that there are no closed-loop metallic objects inside the MRI scanner (e.g. BCRs) as they could cause burns or pain due to induced eddy currents (although I suspect simply removing the ball and replacing with an insulator of some sort - eg paper - would solve this problem).

I've retired a total of five nipple piercings due to migration/rejection. Not all at once obviously, it was over several years, maybe a decade in all.

A pair of second lobe piercings because they were too close to my firsts when I got beyond 8mm (I had them repierced further up but can still see the scars)

Venoms because they hit my teeth a lot and spent most of their time being irritated/unsettled. I think I had them for about a year before giving up.

... I think that's all.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

The nipple was retired about 3 months after having it done. I admit that I never took good care of it, but it was still healing fine. I had a twinge under that armpit, and convinced myself I had a lymph node infection and I was gonna die, so I just wanted it out. I do regret this massively, and will be having the right one done as soon as I can.

The septum was also healing fine, but my ex hated it. And he was royally messing me about and I thought that maybe if he saw I didn't have the septum any more, he would come back to me. Along with the novelty having worn off by then of having it, and me having trouble getting a segment ring in there (back in the days before Jobananas sold clickers), I made the decision to take it out. This also is something I regret, but, the silver lining is that without it there, parents let me hVe my lip done!

My beloved industrial might be following soon though, it's half-rejected and I can't figure out whether it's going out further or not. I check it every day, and not expecting to see significant difference in this time. I couldn't stand to have to take that one out =(
    Current:
    - Ear lobes x2 (right) and x1 (left)
    - Tunnel (left lobe) 10mm
    - Navel
    - Helix (right)
    - A half-rejected industrial (left)
    - Tragus (left)
    - Nostril (right)
    - Conch (right)
    - Nipple (left)

Pending:
    - Rooks (both), in the distant future