Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Did You Retire Your Piercing?

Retired tongue, 2x lobes and left auricle (all of my piercings) because I basically got sick of them which is what I'd slightly putting me off getting my lip, helix and lobe done

Navel piercing cos it kept getting irritated and wouldnt heal properly, mostly cos of my ex-hubby 's constantly putting his hands on it " rubbing my tummy" but he hated the piercing and was so happy when I had to retire it! Charming, so glad I ditched him 7 years ago.

Tragus cos it wouldnt heal, was still painful to sleep on after a year and I had a feeling it was moving so retired it.

Helix cos it was starting to reject after it got messed up by a bcr twisting on itself when i was sleeping. Was actually upset about this one cos was my favourite!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Helix - I'm not keen on the placement. It's actually still open but I haven't worn jewellery in it in years.
    Lobes x4 - all gunned, not very happy and often irritated.
    Nostrils x2 - after 6 years of never having lost a nose screw I lost every single one I put in either nostril for about 2 months before eventually giving up!
    Snake bites - one was causing a tiny bit of gum recession so I decided to cut my losses and retire before it got any worse.
    Tongue web - the ring was driving me mad and the fistula wouldn't fit a bar so it went.
    Nipple - it was rejecting pretty spectacularly (I think in part due to the vertical one behind it)

I think that's them all!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

It's interesting reading this thread! I've never retired a piercing
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Snug because I had it for a few years and it never fully settled.

4 lobe piercings just cuz I started a new job and I wanted a "tidier" look for it

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

Right... let's begin lol

Double lower lip piercings - I was just bored of them. It wasn't a look I liked on myself anymore.
    Nape surface - Pierced with a long straight ptfe bar. Began rejecting so I removed it.
    Nape surface again - I didn't learn from the first time and the same thing happened again.
    Cleavage surface - Had it pierced horizontally, and again with straight ptfe. (I was so uneducated then) I had it in for 6 whole weeks and I didn't get one full night of sleep in that whole time. As soon as I took it out it stopped hurting and I slept through the night!
    Left lower lip piercing - I actually got 'snakebites', but I didn't consider how work would react. My boyfriend at the time told me I was an idiot because work would go mental. I ended up retiring the left one on the day I got them.
    2 x wrist MDs - They were rejecting, one was really painful for ages and wouldn't settle. I had them around 4 years before I had them out though.
    Cleavage surface - started rejecting so I took it out myself as soon as I had confirmation it was on its way out. Didn't want a scar.
    Wrist surface - Was rejecting so I got it removed before it had chance to go too far.
    Vampire Bite 1 - I had it in just under 2 months and it wouldn't settle, so I got it taken out.
    Vampire Bite 2 - This one lasted a few months longer than the first one. The top fell off one day and it began to feel so much better. I tried to get it out myself but couldn't. Went and had it removed and felt instant relief. I now have 2 scars where I actually look like I was bitten by a vampire!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I've retired my right industrial, it was 5 or 6 years old, because the bar I had in it irritated it and the skin on the outer-most hole was getting rather thin.
    I also retired my first nipple piercings because my ex just didn't like them. I hated the idea of taking them out though. I got them repierced about a year later. But now I want to take them out and get them redone diagonally.
    Katii
    Left ear: Lobe 2.5mm, Industrial, anti-tragus.
    Right Ear: Lobe 2.5mm, double forward helix
    Other: Nostril, nipples x2, tongue
    Wants: Conch, auricle, surface tragus, collar MDs x4, VCH or Triangle.

Unfortunately no tattoos yet.

Only two so far for me.
    Septum didn't last the day, I didn't know any better and the guy pierced it through the cartilage right at the front of my nose. I think it would have come out eventually anyway even if he'd done it right, I don't think it really suited me, it was an on the spot decision and it hurt like hell, almost fainted, definitely shouldn't have got it done.
    The labret I got on the same day also ended up being retired, I think it looked too "harsh" on me, and although I loved it, I could NOT for the life of me stop playing with it and biting it, so it never healed fully and was always sore.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

I've retired two piercings (left helix and right sidelip) due to long battles with granulomas, at the end of which I gave up and decided to let it heal it fully.

I retired my navel piercing the first time I had it done because it migrated. I didn't know much about piercings at the time and I thought migration always resulted in rejection, so I took it out. Also about a week before I took it out, my friend's navel piercing fully rejected and fell right out, leaving her with a nasty scar, so that was enough to scare me into retiring it. I've had it done again since, but it's migrated a lot and I fear I'll have to retire it sooner or later.
    A little mayhem never hurt anyone, I'ma gonna get some...

What I Have:
    Left ear: 3 x Lobes, 1 Helix.
    Right Ear: 3 x Lobes.
    Right Nostril
    Navel

What I'm Considering:
    Tragus, Rook, Daith, Triple Forward Helix.
    Eyebrow /Labret /Septum.