Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single lobe piercings on a girl

hope you got the piercing. asymmetry is rad.

TBH, from what I am observing, now that I live in a big city, the single lobe piercing on men is really dying out, there's no longer any reasons (not that I can begin to explain why it was ever that way) for men to only get one (usually the left - for other reasons best not examined) single lobe piercing, much as there was never really a reason women got both - other than common practice and beauty reasons.

There is no more reason you(woman) cant have a single lobe piercing, than there is a man having one piercing in each lobe

Yet - I do still read about instances with schools that try to refuse boys with both ears pierced.

I say go for it, and be yourself - Also when I started out with piercings I (as a male) never considered having just one - and don't forget there are plenty of other places including on the ears that you can pierce which will not detract from having all or just 1 lobe piercings in just one ear.

All that said - there is really no reason against men having just one either! I don't have symetry, I have 1 2nd lobe, and 2 third lobe piercings (and 1st).

<mini-necro!>
    Last edited by Mk1; 05-01-2015 at 12:57 AM.
    Piercings: 3x Lobe (L), Single Upper Lobe (R), Conch (R), 1.6mm Septum

To do list: Angel Bites, Tongue, Nipples, Navel, Tragus.

Total yay!

Yes! Do it, it'd be cool!

I don't see why there would be any issue with someone asking for others' opinions on the subject. I make my own decisions, but I still think peoples' opinions are worth hearing!

To answer the original question, I don't see any issue with it. The first time I ever remember anyone having a single lobe piercing was in first grade. My best friend of the time had one of her lobes close up, but she wanted to keep the other one open so kept it in there. Do what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by TriTerr View Post
    I don't see why there would be any issue with someone asking for others' opinions on the subject. I make my own decisions, but I still think peoples' opinions are worth hearing!

To answer the original question, I don't see any issue with it. The first time I ever remember anyone having a single lobe piercing was in first grade. My best friend of the time had one of her lobes close up, but she wanted to keep the other one open so kept it in there. Do what you like!
    I didn't have an issue with her question, it was more than I couldn't understand it, plus she wouldn't post a photo or her ear and she was posting the same half questions on other threads all over the forum.

It was frustrating.

As such I'm closing this because she got her answer/opinions from lots of people all over the place and never replied anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12