Thread: How To know Jewellery Size

Default How To know Jewellery Size

Feel like after nearly 2 years, it's time to change my rook bar.

However, i don't know the size of the barbel or length to get, does anyone know how to tell the size of your jewellery?

when it was pierced, it was done with a standard titanium barbell. completely forgot to ask about sizes!

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Cant speak for everyone but all mine were pierced at 1.6mm. My took is a bcr but if you can get hold of a ruler you can get a rough idea. Id say for a rook you'd be around 10mm? That's a complete shot in the dark though, sorry
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Mine was done at 1.2mm. I'd go ask a piercer they can tell on sight.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    Cant speak for everyone but all mine were pierced at 1.6mm. My took is a bcr but if you can get hold of a ruler you can get a rough idea. Id say for a rook you'd be around 10mm? That's a complete shot in the dark though, sorry
    I wear a 1.2mm, 5mm long curved barbell in my rook, so I'd say 10mm is on the long side, but everyone is different!

darkbay - If you can get to a piercer that's the best option, they'll be able to work out what size you need. It's also quite a fiddly piercing to change yourself if you've never done it before.

You can use this thing: https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/je...y-gauge-sizer/ to help determine the size of your current jewellery if you're determined to figure it out by yourself.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Just had my rook changed for the first time and I'm so glad I asked my piercer to do it for me - it was fiddly even for them and they do it all the time!! They chose the right size for me too so it fits perfectly. I'm wearing a 1.2mm guage 8mm length as my rook isn't that pronounced, everyone is different so no way to advise on what size you would need.
    Current Piercings
    3 x Lobes (L&R)
    Inner Conch (L)
    Outer Conch (L)
    2 x Helix (R)
    Rook (R)
    Nostril

Tattoos
    Celtic cross, roses and wings back piece
    Dot work mandala, skull and roses half sleeve
    Koi carp and skull half sleeve
    Flowers and hummingbird on right forearm