Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I get neometal labret studs or just regular white gold studs?

Default Should I get neometal labret studs or just regular white gold studs?

I was set on neometal until i realized 2 pairs would cost me around $80 ($10 per end, $10 per post)

Pros of Neometal:
    -Titanium
    -Comfortable to wear, sleep in
    ...but they're super expensive and i don't get real gemstones but CZ. i'm not sure if i can afford these.

Pros of regular white gold studs:
    -WAY WAY cheaper (I found a pair on sale for under $20 in pure white gold)
    -genuine gemstones
    ...but i'll probably have to take them out daily, unless there is some secret to sleeping in regular posts. plus they're easier to lose.

Depends on what you want really. I love Neometal, I changed all my lobe and helix piercings over a period of time and got some cheap on selling groups and only bought them on 20% or 25% off sale days on BAF.

I can't really pass comment as I don't know what the other items you mention are. When you say studs do you mean cheap fashion studs with butterfly backs?

I sleep in all my jewellery with no issues.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you Hazel for answering all my many questions.

The earrings I'm talking about come with rubber/silicone ear backs...but I'm thinking I'll buy a set of more secure backs (http://www.amazon.com/LOXTM-Mega-Gri...+earring+backs). I wish there was a way to use the labret style shaft on regular earrings. then i could sleep in my studs without spending a fortune.

dpack_1

You can find plain titanium labret studs for <$5 a piece if you look around.

I can assure you that 'pure white gold' costs a lot more than $20 and you would in fact be buying some cheap gold plated steel at that price.

Yeah I'm super confused here. What is it you want? Why aren't normal labrets ok?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I want the labrets to have gemstones/CZ stones on them. Can't seem to find any that i like or that are the right size (18g, 2 or 2.5mm and 4mm).

The white gold studs are on sale from around $100 and there are no indications that it's anything other than pure white gold. they also come in yellow gold.

How about all the ones I posted links to or are they all too expensive?

Could you stretch up to 16g as you'll have tons more choice?

Can you link to the gold ones?

If you want regular earrings (ie those in 18g) try serenity jewellery they're a company who tend to cater more to earrings than body piercings but have some good quality stuff.

http://www.serenityjewellery.co.uk/
    Last edited by Boo; 03-16-2015 at 04:40 PM.

I like the ones you posted and that's what i was looking into until I realized they're very expensive.

I'd rather not stretch, honestly.

http://www.amazon.com/Solid-White-Ge...523952&sr=1-14
    -planning on getting a 2mm pair in white topaz, 3 or 4mm pair in amethyst.

i'm trying to look for bioplast. it's easy to get lost searching through so many earrings.

I've edited my post with another link.

The ones you link to are not worth $100 lol I can't believe Amazon let sellers do that.

If you look at Kezefs store on ebay you can see they sell those earrings from 12/$18 anyway. I can't comment on the quality but they look like they'd stab you plenty and the wearable is silly long, I'd also worry about how the stone is set as well.

Your decision though ^_^

hm.... idk what to do now. i'll look at your link.

well i found some labrets i liked, but i'm more a fan of the bezel or prong-set gems than the ones in the balls. seems like i need to stop being so damn picky or spend the extra $ to get exactly what i want. i'm sorry if i'm annoying anyone with my incessant questioning.
    Last edited by secondone; 03-16-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast