Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFID Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    Yeaaaa I can imagine. There's a reason we tend to do these on animals under anesthesia. You are a brave man.
    We don't! Although it can be done during a spay.

I had my implant (contraceptive) done with a similar device and they numbed it, I asked if I could skip it but they said no lol.

Hope it stops hurting soon Darren!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    Should heal VERY quickly, i'll post another photo tonight once i clean it up and take the dressing off, it's no more than a pin prick really.

Honestly, this would be on par with getting a surface piercing, if i were to do it to someone else i'd have the luxury of both hands free, able to apply proper resistance and generally would be over with a lot quicker. So don't be put off by me saying it hurt, that's just the nature of doing this stuff to yourself.
    Yeah, it's the doing it to yourself bit that makes it seem worse than what it really is! I am ok with someone else piercing me, but there's no way I could get up the courage to pierce myself. I'd consider get one of these if I thought I had a use for it. Still considering a magnet..
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

Yeah despite our laws about microchips having to be done on dogs before 3 months, the vet here is illegally recommending people wait until desexing to microchip because it's, quote, "such a big needle" because you know the puppy is gonna notice in 10 minutes the difference of having had an injection or a microchip *rollseyes*

For the kids I meant more like a dog's microchip, you know in case they got lost they'd get picked up or whatever and my details would be on the chip to be scanned, not a GPS to find them. Then when they're older they can get it either removed or put whatever info they want on there. Probably borders on the ridiculous and unnecessary and likely nobody is going to agree with me but hey, I'm sure it's gonna happen one day. Wish there were places as cool as your parlour here locally, I'd love to get my own microchip!

What were you going to put on your new chip? Can you put the info on after as well if you wanted to change anything?
    I had a friend who had an issue with the implant moving around her body, if you put it in the wrong spot might that happen with a little chip too?
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Yeah despite our laws about microchips having to be done on dogs before 3 months, the vet here is illegally recommending people wait until desexing to microchip because it's, quote, "such a big needle" because you know the puppy is gonna notice in 10 minutes the difference of having had an injection or a microchip *rollseyes*

For the kids I meant more like a dog's microchip, you know in case they got lost they'd get picked up or whatever and my details would be on the chip to be scanned, not a GPS to find them. Then when they're older they can get it either removed or put whatever info they want on there. Probably borders on the ridiculous and unnecessary and likely nobody is going to agree with me but hey, I'm sure it's gonna happen one day. Wish there were places as cool as your parlour here locally, I'd love to get my own microchip!

What were you going to put on your new chip? Can you put the info on after as well if you wanted to change anything?
    I had a friend who had an issue with the implant moving around her body, if you put it in the wrong spot might that happen with a little chip too?
    It's still not gonna happen one day, the government will never insist on people getting some kind of tracking chip, it just will not happen. The fuss that people kicked up over here when they suggested a mandatory ID card was enough to show that we will not tolerate such actions. And so long as people remember WWII and the German phrase "papiere bitte", or "papers please", then it will never happen.

Right now my chip simply reads "fuck off, it still hurts", I'll probably get it to link out to my shop's FB page though. Things like unlocking my phone is run off the serial number of the chip rather than the content on it so it can still serve a dual purpose that way.

As for shops in western Australia, I'm afraid I don't know of any out that way, but if you ask Brendan Russel on facebook he might be able to point you in the right direction.

As for this being a 'diary' of sorts, it bled a bit yesterday at one point, but I was in the pub and was on my second pitcher of vodka while playing poker so my hands were pretty busy, but other than that it's fine, feels a bit like a bruise, but i can certainly press it against my phone to get a good reading off the chip. I probably wont start programming it to do anything worthwhile for another day or two though.
    Last edited by dpack_1; 03-18-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    It's still not gonna happen one day, the government will never insist on people getting some kind of tracking chip, it just will not happen.
    There is a much better reason: any technology used would be obsolete in 90-100 years (or even probably 20). Hence any microchip in humans would need to be replaced on a regular basis. Imagine being the unfortunate individuals with 1950s era valve-based devices - or even 1960s era discrete transistors

dpack_1 mentions that his rfid chip has programmable storage - this too will eventually lose its contents (unless frequently rewritten). EPROMs from the 80s are now becoming unreliable, and they had much larger geometries and charge storage than modern devices (for a start early ones often used 20-30V to overcome the insulation barrier to inject the charge used to represent a 1 or 0 - compared to 5-10V or even lower today). I recall somewhere a comparison that 1980s devices perhaps stored 1000's of electrons per bit, whereas modern devices can have as few as 10.
    Last edited by julian; 03-18-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Oh, good point julian I hadn't even considered that. Still be cool to get one, might contact Brendan as Darren suggested, see if there's anyone trustworthy around here
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

This is really interesting! Might even consider it myself if I can think of a brilliant enough purpose for it hah.

How do you program it though? Do you need any special hardware for your computer or how?
    I know a couple of vets, might be able to procure something

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

dpack_1

There are a variety of apps through google's play store that let you program them in different ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123