Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helix lumps won't go away!

Default Helix lumps won't go away!

Hey guys.

Had a helix piercing for a long while now, and a little over a few months ago lumps started forming on both sides. I changed the ring in it to a smaller gauge because I thought it might be too big and everyone always says to make sure that it fits properly.. The lumps persist, and are quite large and occasionally painful. I've tried tea tree oil, I've tried saltwater, I'm not sure what to do really.

Here are pictures.

i.imgur.com/RujaN7W.jpg
    i.imgur.com/XiUZ74P.jpg

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    -DreadAlert

Oof that's a nasty one. I had a lump on my helix piercing for a while, just being persistent with the sea salt soaks worked for me, though admittedly it took a long time. How old is the piercing exactly? I'd consider switching to a straight barbell if I were you, and make sure it's titanium or something that won't irritate it. Good luck!
    A little mayhem never hurt anyone, I'ma gonna get some...

What I Have:
    Left ear: 3 x Lobes, 1 Helix.
    Right Ear: 3 x Lobes.
    Right Nostril
    Navel

What I'm Considering:
    Tragus, Rook, Daith, Triple Forward Helix.
    Eyebrow /Labret /Septum.

See a medical professional, they could well be keloids.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry to jump in, I've been lurking on the forum for a while now.
    You all seem to give sound advice so If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!

Right, so I got my left helix pierced 17/01/15 in Stigmata Liverpool, a week or so later I returned to get my right front helix pierced. The left was fine for a fortnight then two white lumps appeared (front & back) I went back & was told to get fucidin from my dr. A week later the other piercing got really, really sore. Then I woke up to an angry looking blood bubble. I sleep on my back but toss & turn, probably knocked it & I've woke up to find blood on the pillow a few times.

I've been sss 3x a day, rinsing with water then adding fucidin.
    There's so much conflicting advice out there my head is about to explode!
    Use cream/don't use cream, rings are good/rings are bad.
    Am I able to change the earring yet (to a barbell or labret) or will it cause me more damage?
    The Dr told me to do as I have been for a fortnight then cut my losses & lose the piercings
    l've heard that's bad as it can trap the infection inside the ear?!

I'm not allowed to add the pics/links as noob but they're pretty gross!
    I've checked the bump thread & one looks hypertrophic, the other looks a bit like hypergranulation(?)
    Do I bide my time & hope they heal ok or should I change the jewellery?

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad!
    Thanks in advance

Can you post a link with spaces in it?

dont use cream. Rings aren't great. Can change the piercings by now but only to proper jewelry. The whole trapped infection things is a myth.

hypertrophic, not much you can do. Hypergranulation, dry it out with the SSS but not excessively. 3x a day is a little much. Could try a cortisone paste if nothing else is working... It worked for me
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Thats brilliant, thanks for the reply.
    I'll stick the pics below
    I'm sure a stud (labret) would be better for the front helix but looking at my inside ear, I'm not sure how it would fit?

http :// imgur. com/ cNUz15s
    http :// imgur. com/ Hip1HZG
    http :// imgur. com/ PCGWkw4

I had exactly what you have on the normal helix on mine - I'm fairly sure mine was because of aggravation from a) having a ring, b) moving it too much when cleaning (and cleaning too much) and c) bending my ear forward to see the back - i wound up retiring mine because i left it way too late to deal with, but i am sure that if it was done with a bar and i fiddled with it less there would have been much less of a problem.
    I'd say cut down your sss to once, maybe twice a day and get it changed to a bar. I'm no expert but I'm sure my ear would have felt much more comfortable like that. I've also heard massaging with friendly oils can help but i never had much luck with that.
    Current piercings: 2x standard lobe, 2x nipple
    Retired: left helix

Thanks, I'll definitely ease off with the sss.
    Gonna head back to the piercer on the weekend & see if I can cope better with a bar.
    Do not want to have to retire it
    That one gives me the least grief, it's the red bubble thing on the other piercing that bothers me. It's sore constantly but I didn't know if it was just the area. It bled so so much when it was done, it was a bit horrific!

Honestly the bubble hypergranuloma is one of the easier things to fix. Definitely try some cortisone. And definitely try for a bar. And definitely decrease the SSS. Other than that you're doing all the right things
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Thanks, that's reassuring!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast